Clarification on FastPass policy

… that is also a good question. I guess my thought is that i’d like to have all FPs burned before 12:01, so that i can have an earlier chance at catching a Slinky Dog drop (priority over TSM since i will ride that later in my week) and i won’t have time to ride TSM before noon as we have a 9:30 savi appt and a 10:30 cantina res.

Ideally, i’d love something i can tap into real quick on my way to GE, which is why i was initially looking at TSM. I don’t know where other things are, so not sure what else would be convenient.

1 Like

Wasting a TSM FPP would be heresy in our family! We’d ride it 10 times a day if we could, it’s one of our family favorites. Definitely ride it, or let someone else have it and waste a show FPP instead. VLM or DisJr are good options.

6 Likes

In most circumstances, yes, but not when i have a 9:30 appt at Savi and 10:30 res at cantina. I cant possibly fit in 3 FPs. See attached. Disney and Universal Touring Plans

2 Likes

Don’t take a TSMM FP+ and waste it! Waste a show one. I would never tap & run on TSMM. The ride is too fun. Now, B&TB show no problem :joy: We did it twice because Muppets was closed when we were there.

4 Likes

It looks l like Muppetvision will be a better choice than TSM for my purpose. Thanks everyone! No disrespect meant to TSM. :joy: I’m looking forward to riding it!

3 Likes

Or maybe Alien Swirling Saucers, i’m guessing it’s safe to say that only has one tapstile too

1 Like

The shows are also better if you aren’t able to make it in time to tap - the window is smaller and is typically over faster than a ride if you are waiting for it to run out.
I also think you can have FP times overlapping with meals, for example, if we schedule a breakfast at 10 I will typically try to have a FP at 9 and then the next one at 1030, then 1130.

1 Like

ASS actually has two taps

4 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

Space Mountain has two tap-in points…one outside where you enter, but then another as you enter the room where you board. This is because the FP line and the SB line run parallel to each other, and anyone could just hop the rail. So, to enforce the FP, they have to ensure no one hopped the rail.

1 Like

Soooo many possible responses

1 Like

on second thought, i’m guessing hours at HS won’t stay opening at 9 and will change to earlier. So I’ll shoot for a 9 AM TSM fast pass, since i’ll probably be able to tap in right at 8:55 AM. Then i should theoretically be able to ride it before our 9:30 savi appt. Or maybe i’ll be able to modify TSM earlier when the hours change.

1 Like

I saw someone do that once at space and they just stuck their magic bands to the fp check in close enough after someone before them had it light up green.

:joy::rofl::joy:
Uhm… too much information??

Do you (or anyone else reading) know if Star Tours has one or two taps?

Star Tours is 2 taps - one at entry and the other at the line merge just prior to get the glasses. Or at least that was true last summer…

1 Like

I agree with this strategy, especially since TSM may or may not be utilizing 2 taps and since this ride is still fairly popular. It seems wrong to take grab a FP for something you don’t plan on using, there’d be less availability for someone who actually want to ride the attraction. Just my two cents. A show seems to be the easier tap and run anyway, plus less popularity.

3 Likes

There are 2, but the second one was covered when we were there over the holidays.

We tapped and ran at ST in January at the first tap and it cleared

1 Like