Clarification needed on upgrading a multi-day ticket

Touring Plans website says : Any time before a pass expires, you can apply the value of unused days toward the cost of a higher priced ticket

So, if I buy a 4 day ticket for $250, and I decide during our visit that I want to add a fifth day, do I just have to pay the difference of $266 - $250?

And can I decide this at any point during our 4 original days of entry? including on the 4th day after I enter a park?

Not sure I understand the part of the touring plans sentence that says “you can apply the value of UNUSED days towards the cost of higher priced ticket”.
Does this mean that I would pay a different amount to upgrade from 4 day ticket to 5 day ticket depending on if I decide to upgrade on day 2 of my 4 day ticket or upgrade on day 4 of my 4 day ticket??

You can add days to your ticket at any time. You would only pay the difference between a 4 day and 5 day ticket so in your case around $16. You can do this at any point during your use of the tickets. I believe it may need to be done before using the last day of the ticket, so if you decide to add a day you can do so by visiting guest relations before entering on the last day. The cost to add a day won’t change based on how many days you’ve already used as long as there is still at least one day on it.

I have a similar question. I see that a five day ticket is the max. Will I be able to add a discounted sixth day at the park? Or would I be forced to pay full price again for one day?

@kellybelle I’m not sure what you mean by a max of five days. As far as I know the max is ten days for US residents. Can you link where you saw that?

It’s when I booked my package. It would only let me by up to five day park hopper, when I’d rather have paid for six up front.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/tickets/
Thanks!

How weird… I bought 8 day tickets with ours. If you haven’t paid it off you can call and they should be able to change it I went from 7 to 8 after we originally booked. But to answer your question you should be able to add any number of days up to ten, but since yours came up strange I’d call to verify that.

1 Like

And I feel like total idiot now… I just now realized this was in the Disney land forum and not Disney world. Please disregard everything I’ve said and excuse me while I go crawl into a hole…

1 Like

Haha @Outer1, I was wondering if that’s what was going on :wink: I’ll call them this pm. Thanks!!

1 Like

My foot lives in my mouth. Teach me to help lol.

2 Likes

No @Outer1 don’t go! We like you here too. :wink: See you learn something everyday. I love learning about WDW it is on my bucket lust one day. I didn’t know you could get more than 5 days at WDW. @Dawn_parikh and @kellybelle as far as I know 5 days is the max. No more days or discounts after that… BUT it makes sense to buy the cheapest AP almost cheaper than getting that 6th day. (Exactly what I did! )

1 Like

@93111tink, I find that crazy (and a little aggravating)! You’d think they’d want you in the parks as much as possible. We do the 10-day ticket at WDW, and still don’t get to everything. As this is my first trip, do you think five days is enough to “see it all”? It’s going to be a busy weekend that we are there, January 16-21, which includes the race and MLK.

1 Like

I heard that! I don’t understand Disney sometimes! WDW sounds like it is sooo awesome! Has always been on my list of places to go to. Totally scared of how HUGE it is. How do people not get lost there?! I think 5 days is great and if you follow a TP plan you will see it all. These DLR liners know so many tips and tricks to get it all done. Our very own Skywalker and DS did 63 rides in one day! Just keep posting questions and we will gladly reply. Seems more of us are on chat though but nana, nay, wahoo and I are here! So excited for your up coming trip!!

1 Like

I am solemnly swear to pay attention to the category before I start answering anything! lol

2 Likes

If going for more than five days (consecutively), then yes, getting the AP is the best option.

2 Likes