Clam chowder in a bread bowl, where can I find it on property?

Hi everyone
Bit of a random one but my boyfriend is super keen to try clam chowder in a bread bowl for our upcoming trip in June.
Is there anywhere on property this is served? I know CHH is supossed to have great chowder but I didn’t think it came in the bread.

Thanks to everyone for all their help on this any many other issues I don’t post much as usually find all the answers I need are already out there!

B :smile:

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen that before. I’ve heard of pumpkin soup in a bread bowl in the France Bakery awhile back, but not sure about clam chowder.

A quick search shows that CHH used to sell them this way but ended them around 2005/6 due to waste and it hasn’t returned. Maybe you could find bread at one of the bakeries for a sort of do it yourself bread bowl? lol

It’s not really a Florida thing. It’s a big deal at Disneyland in California because the sourdough bread is phenomenal in California. I just don’t think you’re going to find it at Disney World. It’s too hot there too many months of the year.

I admire the bravery of your BF to want to eat clam chowder in Florida in June at all.

Not on property, but Panera does offer it on Fridays, I believe.

Thanks @Outer1, @SallyEppcot and @mascardofamily I had suspected as much but wanted to check with the fountain of all WDW knowledge here on the boards!

I will tell my boyfriend to have a go with the DIY version if he really feels like soup when we are there :joy: (I was looking at a dole whip myself!) and obviously we need to plan a trip to Disneyland in the future! My boyfriend has very fond memories of a previous trip to California so I am guessing thats where he tried it first! Being in the UK though it’s going to be a while before we can afford another US Disney trip.

Plenty of excellent food to enjoy in Florida anyway. Please let me know any ‘don’t miss’ options.

B

2 Likes

There is definitely no shortage of good food!

1 Like

Clam chowder at Liberty Tree Tavern is very good, but not in a bread bowl.

Never saw it at WDW, but I don’t do a lot of QS dining. It’s a “go-to” for me at DCA…

Hope this isn’t too late!! I found clam chowder in a bread bowl at Min and Bills Dockside Diner at the Studios tonight. It is the boat-shaped counter service one at Echo Lake.

That’s great thanks. We don’t arrive until the 19th so I guess I know where we are eating at the Studios now! Hope your having a great trip.

1 Like