CL updates and Changing my Touring Plans

I live near a Cedar Fair amusement park…they have now added a program to pay for “fast pass” on the big ticket rides. Hate it!

1 Like

Sorry, poorly worded. I was referring to a 1 or 2 point change in CLs, not a change from CL1 to CL2.

1 Like

I see stuff like this posted a lot, but I’m not sure that’s true. If the SB wait goes down, then more people may get in SB line to ride an extra time (or 2) … ultimately pushing the SB wait back up.

For example - If I have a FP for 7DMT and SB is 90 minutes, I may ride with my FP and then be done with 7DMT for the day because I’m the type of person who won’t wait more than 60 mins for a ride. But if FPs no longer exist and SB is 60 minutes, I might ride twice. And if enough people do that, the SB line goes up until it reaches the threshold where enough people won’t wait in line for another ride.

We live near HersheyPark and we hate the paid Fast Track. They now have unlimited for $$$$ and it has created lines worse than a lot of the DW attractions. The new non-thrill ride, Reese’s Cupfusion, was over 2 hours long in August at the same time Millenium Falcon was 45 minutes a week after opening. Give me a break. At least Disney has theirs for free at this point.

But if everyone’s then waiting in line for another 7DMT trip, it means that’s less people waiting in line elsewhere. And that 7DMT line would be consistently moving, at least.

Of course I doubt there would be any change whatsoever to the FP system as the 60-day window ends up selling more on-site beds.

This is the same for Sesame Place. It’s unlimited. You can get off and right back on so the SB doesn’t budge sometimes. At least WDW has a set time window and you can only ride once. I don’t think they charge enough either for it.

The sad part is on busy days, the Fast Track is almost double the price of a park ticket at full price. I’m taking over $100 per person per day. People will pay it. We have been season passholders the past 2 years and have not renewed. Unlimited Fast track was one of the reasons, amongst others.

It is stressful planning a WDW trip. I’ve been there recently.

Allow me to inject some humor into your current CL stressing. I wrote this about my CL stressing this afternoon:

You will have an amazing trip. You have worked hard on your plans!

2 Likes

stick with the plan - you’ll be fine. We go on days that range from 6-8CL and never have we missed out on anything. Rope drop and knock it out of the park!

3 Likes