Cinematic Celebration

I’m not finding much info about this nighttime show. It was like mining to find out if/when it would occur while we’re there, but I did. Anyone have any thoughts/tips on this? Is it good? Where the best or easiest places to watch from? How soon does one need to be in their spot? We will be there next Saturday. Thanks!

I found a video of it on YouTube. I’m going in July — so I’ll look forward to your feedback!

I think that the new version is much better than the old version, however, it is also designed in such a way that you have to be in the designated seating to get a really good view. I don’t know how early you have to get there, as we got there about 20 minutes beforehand, and were not able to get a good seat in late August. The other problem is that people will frequently hold their phones up over their heads, or their children on their shoulders and block your view. Had they projected the water a little bit higher, I don’t think this would be a concern. That being said, it is a very good show, and definitely worth checking out.

1 Like

I was just researching this also. Here’s what I found from this blog post:

Its viewing area in Central Park, which can hold up to 6,500 guests, consists of three different tiers and a grassy area that is located above and behind them, with standing room only available throughout. The best spot in the house is the third level – the one farthest away from the water – directly across from and slightly to the right of the Starbucks that’s on the other side of the lagoon. This vantage point, we’ve found, allows you to take more of the vista in, and it also prevents you from getting (as) wet from the water fountains’ various sprays.

I have no personal experience, though, so I’m not sure how accurate the info is. Anyone’s insight is welcome! We’re going in June.

Hi Stagehand,

How did you get on with this during your January trip? Where did you end up watching from and would you recommend it?

Thanks, Brizz