Cinderella's Royal Table reopens September 24th, but with no princesses

IMHO, no princesses, what’s the point?

From WDW website:

Fairytale Dining at Cinderella’s Royal Table

Beginning September 24, Guests can enjoy dining in the enchanted, fairytale setting of Cinderella’s Royal Table at Magic Kingdom Park. Enjoy a delicious regal banquet with unforgettable main courses ranging from roasted chicken breast and tenderloin of beef to chef’s fish of the day. The princesses will be taking a break from their royal duties greeting Guests, but there will be plenty of delicious fare and fun to be enjoyed in this beautiful, one-of-a-kind restaurant.

Character Dining is currently not available at this location.

Cinderella’s Royal Table dining area features soaring stone archways and majestic stained-glass windows

Reservations

Reservations for this experience will be available beginning September 11. Advance reservations are highly recommended. Learn when advance reservations can be made.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/cinderella-royal-table/

3 Likes

That was my reaction too… What is the point in dining in CRT without princesses???
For the same price?

2 Likes

There is no Cinderella.

There are no Royals.

Are there Tables?

Should it now be just abbreviated to T?

Inquiring minds want to know?

7 Likes

I would love to eat at CRT but I really don’t see DH and two adult sons wanting to join me for a princess dinner. I am resigned to either never doing it or dining alone. :cry:

Now if this was available I’m sure they would jump at the chance to dine in the castle. In fact I think originally it was just a signature TS restaurant, without characters. I could be wrong though.

7 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ok. This makes sense. Is the food really at the ‘signature’ level?

Wait, same price?? I was all set to get excited about this because DS has asked to eat inside the castle but I can’t part with $65 for breakfast so it’s been a no-go. And he’s not into the princesses. But we are doing Chef Mickey’s for the bargain of $25 so I thought maybe this one would have a lower price for no princesses.

6 Likes

No idea, I just want to dine in the castle!

3 Likes

I ate there as a teenager and I don’t think there were any characters. I also don’t think it was branded as Cinderella’s. I think it was the prince’s royal table or something?

3 Likes

Same. Our 9-year old boy/girl twins were not interested in going to CRT on our last visit. :roll_eyes:Though we had a wonderful dinner there a few years previous. But I think they would absolutely be interested in eating in the castle again without the princesses.

At the beginning of every Disney movie when they show the castle, I turn to my DD10 and stage whisper, “I’ve had dinner there.” She’ll usually whisper back, “Me too.”

5 Likes

Just looked it up. It used to be called King Stefan’s Banqueting Hall, and changed it’s name in 1997.

1 Like

I know we’re in the minority here, but my family thought the food at CRT was excellent. It was hands down my favorite sit-down meal when we ate there last year. The only thing I didn’t like was the salad and I noticed they’ve changed that up now. The rest of the meal was so good that my mouth still waters when I think about it, especially the potatoes and that sauce. Outside of Disney I’d never pay that kind of money for a meal, but still, we enjoyed it.

For anyone interested, I had the Roasted All-Natural Chicken Breast
(Pan-roasted Chicken and Fingerling Potatoes with Haricot Verts and Spinach in a Leek-Mustard Cream Sauce) and The Clock Strikes Twelves
(Dark Chocolate Mousse with a Dark Chocolate Ganache served with a Raspberry Coulis). :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Hmm, ok so we ate there probably in 2001? So I just lost my memory of Cinderella I guess!

We will all have to plan a mom’s breakfast meetup someday at CRT!

2 Likes

I could probably get behind a $150 signature meal for me and DH but it’s the $45 for my DS4 to eat the chicken nugget that is downright painful!

6 Likes

Same here! I thought the brunch (I had the quiche) was one of my best meals to date! I can still remember it vividly. I love the atmosphere, too. I don’t think CRT gets the love it deserves.

1 Like

Interesting. It mentions “fun” and calls it an “experience” sooooo… maybe they’ll be doing something else instead of princess meet and greets. Or maybe, it only says the princesses will take a break from GREETING guests- doesn’t mean they won’t be there at all, I suppose. Maybe.

grasping at straws

@Randall1028 is there an achievement for that?

6 Likes

My husband and son don’t give a rats patootie about Cinderella, but would’ve eaten at the castle without them for a lower price.
$65 for breakfast?!? Uh no. Not even for a signature. I would’ve done it as a one and done for $40 but even I can’t justify $65 for waffles and eggs.

3 Likes

I can definitely understand that. My DD21 ordered chicken nuggets off the kids menu (we had the DDP). At least she was able to get a mimosa to go with it, though, so I guess that helped make up for the lost $$. :laughing:

3 Likes

CRT is not the only place reopening

Gaston’s Tavern reopens on Setember 4th

Hollywood & Vine reopens on September 25th with Mickey, Minnie & Friends for Halloween

ABC Commissary reopens on October 8th

6 Likes

Definitely happy to have more options in DHS, but hate H&V. Sigh.
Kinda hoping for CP to open up as a family style meal with no characters or some kind of modified experience. MK is also surely lacking in food options.

1 Like