Christmas Party Parking

We are going to the Christmas Party in early December- I’m about to make some ADRs and I was thinking to eat a late lunch at Whispering Canyon so we don’t need to eat much during the party. If we park at Whipering Canyon, do we really have to move the car to the TTC? Any idea what a PITA getting your car from the TTC on a party night is?

2 Likes

PITA? You should be able to park and leave your car at WL if you have an ADR at WC. ppl do it all the time. I know some don’t like it, but it is done all the time. When is your Xmas party ticket. I’ll be there w/ @LTinNC82 on Dec 4th party night.

3 Likes

Pain in the ass.

1 Like

You should be fine leaving your car there, but honestly it will probably be quicker and less of a hassle to park at the TTC and just take the ferry or monorail there. It might take longer waiting on the bus to WL.

4 Likes

WL has a boat too… which can be a wait but…

I don’t know if the boat runs after the Christmas party though. I know I’ve seen the Poly/GF boats quit running early before.

1 Like

What? How am I gonna’ get back then?!? I was planning on the boat ride back that night rumph

1 Like

The monorail?

2 Likes

duh :woman_facepalming: :laughing: I do prefer the boat

1 Like

Maybe you can stalk the dvc site and change to BLT and we can walk.

1 Like

LOL… I just put in for a waitlist at BLT that night for my kids… I forget are you staying there that night?

Yup! Can’t wait!

1 Like

Dec 6!! So close!

2 Likes

Dang that is close !

Technically, yes, you are supposed to move your car.
Is anyone going to check? Are you going to be towed? No.

But the fact is this: either way you’re going to have to take some form of transportation back to either WL or TTC at the end of the night. The ferries to WL are very small; not sure how frequently the buses run. But those will both require a wait.

If you do move to TTC you can take the Big Ferry which is a tremendous people eater and will get you across the lagoon in no time flat. You’ll need to take a tram or walk to your car from there, but if you can get preferred parking it will be quick and easy. If you’re an onsite guest parking for free as DVC or already paying for parking, it’s just a small increase to pay that fee. We did it in April a few times and it was so worth the small upcharge. I think that will be the easiest thing at the end of the night, too.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone— just another quick question. If we are checking out of our resort, THEN getting our rental car for 2 days (this is our current plan unless rental car prices drop), would they give us any trouble parking in the TTC? Or do they just see if we were resort guests that day? (Does their system show who’s paid for parking?)

You have free parking on check out day. Have you checked your rental prices recently? I have no idea why but my rental (December 10-13) has dropped $100 over the last week.

As a CC owner, parking at the lodge even during the summer, in the late afternoon- evening gets very challenging. Mornings, the lot is empty, but at night you can drive around for a while before you can find a space.

2 Likes

Yes I’ve been keeping an eye on it…

I don’t know if I’ve ever parked at the TTC come to think… Do they just scan your magic band to make sure you’re a resort guest?

1 Like

Yes, there are booths at each park entrance. It works the same way for MK except you park at the TTC instead of in front of the main entrance like the other parks.

3 Likes

I never knew you could pay and “upgrade” your parking. Good to know!

1 Like