Christmas Party is back!

:100:

3 Likes

We plan to go on Dec. 18th. It will be our first Christmas party so we (maybe more me) are excited !

2 Likes

Only if you hit the ONE day of winter in Florida :rofl:

2 Likes

So far I’ve timed the parties pretty well and all of them have been sub 55° :cold_face:

4 Likes

We had planned to spend 3 days at MK during our trip in December and, as it turns out, all 3 are party days. I guess that makes sense, because I planned it based on when I thought crowds would be lowest. It will be me, DH, DS7 and DS18months. I’m already feeling a bit overwhelmed by planning this trip. We haven’t been to Disney since 2019 and it seems that a lot has changed. Between a Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, is there a day that would be better than others to do the party? The lower the crowds the better. We’ll be rope dropping HS on Wednesday which might make a late night Tuesday difficult but we’ll make it work if the party crowds are significantly lower on Tuesday nights. Does it make sense to do two parties with kids that little? We’ll have to wrap up by 9pm before they turn into pumpkins.

2 Likes

Are your kids more active in the morning or night? Personally I have given up on doing night activities with my kids because they get so cranky starting right at 9pm. The only thing I’d do that late is the pool. But they (and we) can probably handle one night per trip.

Just something to think about.

2 Likes

I’d say kids that little aren’t going to stay up that late. I’d do just one party. Totally not worth the money if you can’t stay. If the party starts at 7:00 and you need to wrap up by 9:00 I wouldn’t do the party at all.

3 Likes

Well, we have a house divided. DS7 would be game for a late night and will be very excited for the party. The baby is up bright and early in the morning. I guess I could always take the baby back to the hotel when he gets cranky and let DH and DS7 enjoy the party. DH will be cranky if it’s super crowded. :crazy_face: The lighter the crowd the better.

2 Likes

I hear ya! It’s so expensive for a couple of hours. But I know DS7 will just love it. And I should amend my 9pm comment. We’d stay until after the earlier parade is finished. He’ll be very excited for the parade.

1 Like

In 2019, the parades were at 8:30 and 11:00 - just so you have something for reference, since exact schedules have not been announced yet for neither the Halloween nor Christmas parties.

1 Like

Previously the party ticket allowed you in at 4pm, and initial press is saying the same for the upcoming MNSSHP and MVMCP. So yes while the party festivities don’t start until 7pm, you could use the party ticket as a late entry park ticket and get more value.

I’m trying to decide if we use it as a kind of hopper over another morning park (we don’t have hoppers otherwise) or cut a park day off our existing tickets and use the party ticket as our MK day. Not sure what that would mean for G+? Could probably use G+ for MK if using the party ticket like a hopper but wouldn’t be worth it to buy for G+ for 4-7pm only if using as a standalone ticket.

3 Likes

It also says it on the Disney website about the parties. So it’s a go!!!

3 Likes

I’m definitely skipping a day of park passes on the psrty day. I’ll use the morning for brunch or a stroll to DS or something. This is the first trip in forever that I have to buy tickets and the price makes me want to vomit.

3 Likes

That’s so helpful, thank you! Very different going this time with a baby in tow. Will have to keep my expectations low. I’m not sure if there’s any particular day of the week that’s better than others for party crowds. Thursday would be best for our schedule but we could do Tuesday, Friday or even Sunday evening as well.

2 Likes

This is almost exactly my situation… I was thinking to put it early in our couples only trip, but now I’m thinking to end it on the party!!! What to do, what to do…

2 Likes

I bought my tickets for Dec. 11. With taxes it came to about $382 for the two of us.

Weirdly, it looked like the system was going to let me buy the tickets with the DVC discount…only, the dates for DVC didn’t go out to December 11, so I just used the normal pricing for resort guests.

Got mine also for December, WTF Disney why can’t you give the AP/DVC for all dates?

1 Like

Yeah. That just seems wrong. I can see them enforcing blackout dates for the lower tiered APs maybe, but why block the others? Well, we know the reason. They would rather fill those dates with folks paying the full amount first on the most expensive dates.

Well, regardless…I am glad to have our date booked!

We know Disney can’t afford the whopping $10/ticket, which is what 5% off, incredible

3 Likes

You know, I just went back and looked…it appears they actually haven’t even opened up all dates for Resort guests yet either. Only through Dec. 13. That one leaves me flummoxed even more…because it isn’t about price in such a case. Maybe it is a way that Disney hopes to drive more DVC/on-site Resort guests to book earlier dates and leave open the busiest dates??? But that doesn’t seem likely, since people book up their resort days for that time of year well before now (for the most part).