Christmas Party is back!

We stayed home until the mandates were over.

The only time we’ve ever been forced to wear them was in Dinsey.

And once was enough. I’m sure news of them coming back will be discussed here if it were to happen so don’t worry and enjoy your trip!

1 Like

That headline is quite misleading - “danger zone”? Cases are going back down, while ICU and deaths have barely budged from their lows. Only the most pro-mask areas could get away with reimposing masks in these conditions.

Could there be a big fall wave? Probably a wave, but more like this one than any of the previous ones.

2 Likes

Philly reinstated right before my trip in May but got rid of them quickly.

And here Face Masks | COVID-19 | Alameda County Public Health

And I can’t find the article where the NV health department said they might reinstate, but it was within the last 2 months iirc.

I wasn’t posting that article in defense of them reinstating mandates, just that yahoo was talking about it and northern CA and Philly were actually doing it.

1 Like

Sorry for taking thread off track! :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

I know, just trying to allay your fears! (And others who have the same concern.)

1 Like

I don’t think masks will be back. At this point they are pointless. Omicron (which is the only variant now in the US) spread too easily that most masking was no longer effectual unlike earlier variants. Plus a vast majority of hospitalizations and deaths now are in the unvaccinated. Masking wouldn’t change that.

Regardless, even if masks were brought back, we would still go. Our two trips in 2020, when masks were required, were two of our favorite trips ever. Sure, I prefer no masks…but it was no big deal to wear masks there, even in the August heat. But I just don’t see that happening unless some new more dangerous variant comes about, which is unlikely.

In the meantime, I am excited for the party! And the reason we had hoped it would remain an AH event, even at the higher price point, was because I would have preferred the lighter crowds that come with it. In Party form with a lower price point, the crowds will be higher. I am crowd averse. (I don’t mind standing in lines,. But really hate heavy crowds.)

3 Likes

Glad the party is coming back.

How much did it cost in 2019? This price seems high, but I went in 2019 and paid for 5. Blocking out the painful parts?

It really was such a special event.

I share many of your thoughts @Bubblez It’s like a ping pong match.

1 Like

$99 to $139.

1 Like

Very excited about this- we went during our family’s first trip (2014) and it was a hit. Picking which day during our trip is the current quandary. Earlier midweek when it’s slightly cheaper and the crowds might be a bit lower or make it our last night and go out with a bang?

2 Likes

Our trip spans 2 parties too, and I am leaning toward the earlier as I have this feeling that we may run out of steam for a late night toward the end of our trip.

2 Likes

Does anyone go to the party twice during a trip? Wondering if there’s enough to do to justify the expense.

1 Like

I did, once, because i saw a forecast for rain a few days prior. Snapped up tickets for a second night later in our trip because we were under budget at the time. Worth it

3 Likes

when it was affordable

2 Likes

Worth it, yes! It’s only rarely that we get there during Christmas, and I want to give it all of the chances when we do.

2 Likes

The fireworks were fantastic last year. And the parade, while short, was so stinking cute. I would go just for that. Glad the prices went down. Weren’t they over $200 last year?

2 Likes

I believe so, but with more limited attendance allowed than the traditional parties. So maybe they will sell more tickets this year?

1 Like

That’s my expectation.

when it was affordable, doing it multiple times would be absolutely recommended. Being able to just chill out on Main Street, in the cold, with hot chocolate while it was “Snoaping” was easily the best memory of the night.

If you only have 1 night, it feels like you gotta always be on the move to get your money’s worth and not feel like you’re wasting time.

5 Likes

There is nothing that says it is changing. But everything is subject to change. - literally everything - and as conditions change that could be re-implemented.

Agree. I am going in this time knowing we probably won’t get to ride anything because of the fireworks, parade and other shows keeping us busy.

I know people say recording the fireworks is a waste of time, but not for me. I just watched my recording from last year and got choked up over the gasps from the crowd. I left the event after the fireworks because I was completely full of happiness and couldn’t take it. I am going to be an absolute mess watching with my husband this year. He has already been warned. :laughing:

4 Likes