Choosing MK on MNSSHP day?

Is it the right move to choose to go to MK on a MNSSHP if I am not planning on attending the party? I know I will get the boot at 6pm but will overall crowds be less? Travelling with 3 small kids so wouldn’t make it much past 8pm anyway. Planning on getting to the park at 8 am.

Thoughts?

1 Like

This is a perfect idea. So many people won’t go to MK that day because they feel they aren’t getting “full value” when the park closes early for the party. You’ll be able to do 3x as many rides on a party day versus a typical day. If you can RD you’ll do even more!!

3 Likes

Yes, typically on a MNSSHP day, the MK crowds are less than a “normal” day…but we will see if that holds true after SWGE opens

2 Likes

Ive planned on similar for chrismas party, no kids, seems like a good chance to get to bed earlier for a RD in the am without being exhausted😁. Id go for it!

1 Like

My next MVMCP I’m going to RD at MK and stay until Kiss Goodnight. I titled my TP “E-Ticket” day. I plan on riding all the big stuff at least 3 times + more.

1 Like

Cant hang that long and cant take naps during day no matter how hard I try! :rofl:

1 Like

My plan incorporates Sugar + Caffeine + 5 hour Energy + excitement! :crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

As long as you don’t mind leaving early, during party season this is always the smartest choice.

I’m doing this, and I booked the Cinderella’s Happily Ever After dinner at 1900 Park Fare at 5:45. Planning on leaving MK around 5:00 and hopping on the monorail to finish off the day at the Grand Floridian.

2 Likes

This is our plan for our first MK day this year. We did it last year too (starting with EMM) and then hopped to HS for dinner and Fantasmic. This year we’re doing a bit of a monorail loop that evening. Drinks / snacks at the Poly and then GF for dinner at 1900 PF. Hoping to catch fireworks and the EWP if we can hang that late. I’m hoping they add EMM too.

I’m doing the same! Choosing a party day with purpose! Getting home early and doing RD at another park the next day. Note: when we were at DLR, the difference in crowds on party day (lovely) and non party days (much less so) was dramatic, palpable. It was really significant and the cadence of the day was sooo much better on the party day (same park, only difference was early closure for party). Loved it!

Last year we did our first Magic Kingdom day on a Halloween party day and it worked it great. We had a 4 year old and a 1 year old and we were able to do a lot of stuff because the lines were shorter. We did a second day at MK later in the week to get to anything we missed the first time and catch HEA.

I’m so glad to hear this! I accidentally booked our trip during MNSSHP, and it’s not like we’re going to skip MK. We have PH, but I’m leaning towards NOT getting into and out of another park just for the evening. I’m looking for ADRs at resort restaurants for dinner after our MK days. With little ones, that’s still a full day.

2 Likes

And the day crowds will be sooo much better!

1 Like

sounds like a good plan! :grinning: main street and especially the shops can get a bit congested at the end of the day when mk guests are heading out and party guests are coming in.

We’re doing this as well and have a 6:25 reservation at Skipper Canteen. We plan to arrive by 6:00 before CMs start directing non-party guests out but I can’t find any indication on our reservation that you need a party ticket - it just mentions needing park admission. I won’t be crushed if it doesn’t work but figured it was worth booking…

We are doing the same and I’ve heard in FB groups that a lot of others are doing it as well. I noticed that FPP had a lot less availability during the day on party days during our trip than non-party days. I’m not sure if that’s normal but it will be interesting to see if there is a change in crowd levels on party days this year.

When are you going?

There is less FP+ availability because there are 3-6 fewer hours available in the day. I don’t think it is crowd related.

1 Like

Also contributing is that party goers can make 3 FPs at 330PM, 430PM, and 530PM with their party ticket.

1 Like