Choosing a resort and rooms

My wife and I plan to visit WDW in early Jan 2020 along with our son and his family including his wife, two girls (ages 7 & 8) and son (age 4). Last year year we traveled with the same group and stayed in connecting rooms at the Poly. My wife and I like a king size bed. We were surprised to find the poly has only about nine rooms with king beds in the entire resort. In Jan 2020 we were thinking about staying in the Grand Floridian but the GF doesn’t appear to have any rooms with king beds. Not sure this is true. Any suggestions as to where we can stay that has connecting rooms with king beds?

King beds are at the values in the accessible rooms not sure about the rest.

I know King Bedis a bookable category at some resorts including those at Port Orleans and I believe Caribbean Beach too. I wouldn’t be surprised that is true at Coronado as well. Villas also offer King Beds in the master suites of 1BR or higher.

1 Like

King beds are not just in the accessible rooms.

To be fair, he never said that they were. He said that he knew they were in those rooms and didn’t know where else they were.

1 Like

If you’re willing to forgo some of the Disney decor, the Swan and Dolphin definitely have king beds and connecting rooms. And for the price of 2 rooms at Poly, you’d probably be able to get a 2 bedroom suite.

It was a few years ago, but my husband and I had a room at the GF with a king bed (it was in the main building–RPC).

Coronado Springs has king beds. They also have suites with two bedrooms, one with a King and one with two queens, plus a queen pull-out sofa.