Choose the secret we know before life makes us grow, there’s nowhere to go but up! A turning 18/going to university celebration trip July 2022

According to google but is google accurate? We’ll never know!

1 Like

Generally, yes.

You MIGHT get lucky and have a driver who goes to TL first…it happened on Tuesday when I was going to Springs. We were early for Springs opening, so I don’t know if that’s why…maybe the driver was newish and just messed up. It was a bonus for those going to TL though!

3 Likes

I’m slowly catching up. And I’m so sad they were mean to you at MF.
I’ve had mid-vacation cries many times, too. They are hectic and we’ve invested so much. And that person being mean would have made me cry on a GOOD day, much less when tired and sad about other things.

Ok. Need to read more.

9 Likes

If you’ve got that far, you’re almost done!

Thanks. I emailed Disney about it but haven’t had any response.

5 Likes

I finally finished your trip report! I savored it and only read it when I knew I would not be interrupted (which isn’t often). And oddly I felt myself getting teary near the end. Since we chatted off and on via messenger your entire trip, I felt like I knew what was happening most of the time. But then I see the pictures of your poor feet, or of Joe getting a bit annoyed and knowing how much you were cherishing this trip and how much you will miss him made me emotional. I hated that a CM was mean to you, and I hope you hear back from Disney at some point with an apology. I hate that it bothered you so much once again when you were reliving it for us on this report. I wanted this trip to be magical top to bottom, and someday I really want to visit WDW with you. You endured so much, and yet always found a way to find the magic that keeps you coming back. Thanks so much for taking us along. Your memory amazes me! Much love, as always. And I know you’ll be going back. You actually made me want to go back while I read the last portion, and that’s saying a lot since I didn’t love our trip in 2021.

15 Likes

Aw this reply has made me a bit teary!! I always try to be honest in my reports about the good and the bad because no trip is perfect. But I hope that people read trip reports and see that even when things go wrong, you can still have a fantastic trip.

I really hope we get to meet one day at WDW!

14 Likes

I’m late reacting to all this. Think we tour MK the same as you- space, buzz, splash, btmrr akways.
Bit no parades??
PTN is the best one ever too

2 Likes

We’ve never done parades. We’re all about the rides.

2 Likes

Same. Parades always seem to be in the way, whenever I’ve encountered them! Though the cavalcades are great, short, sweet and to the point!

2 Likes

We only saw a couple of cavalcades!

1 Like

We saw a rainy day cavalcade on our way out one day, and that was all the parade we needed!

2 Likes

I am all about the night time parades but have never been interested in daytime parades. Maybe it is because daytime=sun and nightime=twinkle lights.

I typically also like parades with good dancers. I yelped when I heard Magic Happens will be back when we are at DLR next year.

3 Likes

We had this too on our last morning in US. Surprised it got to our U.K. phones. We were only on WiFi, roaming turned off.

1 Like

Yay I finally read through to the end! I hope you’ll be back sooner than you think- but understand it’s hard when you want to be with DH too & be sure he’s ok if he’s at home.

Get the throwing extra money at the trip with it being a “last” trip pre uni. That’s how we ended up on the starcruiser. At least you were more controlled in paying for G+!

5 Likes

I haven’t got Starcruiser money even if I’d wanted to do it! G+ was only $200, they don’t even let you look at Starcruiser for that money :rofl::rofl:

Are you going to do it again when DS15 is about to go to Uni?!

3 Likes

Don’t think we’d be able to save up that much again! This only happened as the trip got put back 3 years so 3 years budget went into one trip.

I hear Bournemouth is lovely in august :beach_umbrella:

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

:rofl::rofl:

Bournemouth. Batuu.
Who can tell the difference? :woman_shrugging:t4::rofl:

3 Likes

I finally heard from the insurance company, they are rejecting my claim because the airline should have compensated me for lost luggage. Now I need to start battling Aer Lingus again.

Still, at least I wasn’t there during a hurricane and don’t have to worry about losing my home. Perspective.

13 Likes

That makes me mad.

Good point.

3 Likes