Childless (Geriatric) Millennials are Home for the Holidays!

I’m honestly not sure this is possible without two people/phones! Although we did see some RotR pop up in the middle of the day but that might have been because it was closed for so long in the morning.

2 Likes

So we waited just about the full posted 50 minutes for MFSR but it wasn’t too bad. We had the best, most successful ride so far! We strategized with the other family going in and made the Dad’s day as my DH let him be the pilot.

We shopped a little and then actually called it at DHS. We took the Skyliner and made a quick visit home!

Abracadbar doesn’t open till 4 :sob: so now I’m saving myself for the France holiday booth hot cocoa martini and cranberry mimosa!

10 Likes

SDD will pop back up shortly after 7

So pick your priority but I think you can conceivably get both by purchasing rose first and getting SDD right after 7

5 Likes

Yes. For those who’ve watched the tip board there are a bunch of SDD’s that repopulate around 7:08. So as long as you can buy Rise quickly you can grab SDD second. Just keep refreshing. I’m assuming it shouldnt take very long to buy an ILL?

2 Likes

I think I was too frustrated/flustered/nervous to wait for this!

We had a super afternoon at Epcot! We walked up to the taps right at 1:47 and there were CMs stopping us before we could get to the taps saying hopping doesn’t start till 2 and scanning out bands. So everyone awkwardly milled around and then there was kind of a mad rush right at 1:55 when she said we could go in.

We went straight to France since we were starving! We got two of everything and it was delicious. We also split both drinks! And even got a bench seat for Pere Noel.

We then caught both the UK Father Christmas and the Canadian Holiday Voyagers. Father Christmas called out DH for wanting Mistletoe for Christmas. And the Voyagers were great. I wish I could pull off the singers outfit!

We also got all the items from the Yukon kitchen! Scallops were awesome.

17 Likes

It’s well past my bedtime but I wanted to update that we rode Slinky, we rode MMRR and yes we got on Rise at the end of the night! MK and more Epcot tomorrow!

11 Likes

Good morning!

No stress is allowed today. We abandoned all hacks and just took a Lyft to the TTC. Pretty easy and we walked right onto the resort monorail. We got into MK around 8:10 so we ended up waiting about 25 minutes for 7DMT but barely waited at the rope so we were happy with that!

14 Likes

Love your shirt!

1 Like

Thank you! I got very lucky and got both of these shirts at Kohl’s like 4 days ago.

We had a fantastic morning at MK taking it easy. Did Big Thunder after Seven Dwarfs and Splash wasn’t running yet so we got some provisions at the sacred space. DH was so impressed with the spot.

Saw the Dapper Dan’s come through quickly and then did Space. Some lights were on because the people mover was down so that was cool. Followed up with the new Philharmagic. The picture quality is top notch now and obviously we loved the new Coco scene! Then we got on Splash in under an half hour which was amazing. We keep saying this might be the last time, maybe it was!

Do we know what movie this is? I thought Pete’s Dragon at first but he definitely doesn’t have the head of a camel or the neck of a crocodile!

Did some gift shop browsing and waited for a snack from Casey’s. I got a second viewing of the piano man Grayson! Everyone around was not really paying attention so he took two requests from DH and I. Remember Me and When You Wish Upon a Star. Too bad you can’t embed videos!

I was inspired by @NoBellePrizeWinner to catch him on Wednesday night and I caught a Christmas show. I think that night was Randy the famous opening day guy. I’m dumb and forgot to check. DH is calling me the piano groupie now and tried to talk me into buying the dress lol.

Hopping to Epcot now!

11 Likes

the reluctant dragon is the inspo for that ornament :slight_smile: https://www.shopdisney.com/the-reluctant-dragon-legacy-sketchbook-ornament-80th-anniversary-limited-release-465064010066.html

5 Likes

Thank you! I’ve never heard of it.

So I feel bad that the live reporting has slowed. But we had another great afternoon and evening at Epcot. We bounced quite a bit around World Showcase to make the timing of all the shows work but we saw almost all of them! Plus Canada and Mexico twice! Something we absolutely wouldn’t have been able to do with the kids.

We also stopped for a drink after park close! (And well after our usual bedtime.) I assume most of you can guess where!

We forgot to get breakfast last night at Les Halles but the line would probably have been insane anyway. So I had half of a Wookiee cookie for breakfast and it’s the best cookie I’ve ever had that didn’t contain chocolate!! I’m off to Disney Springs now for brunch and more cookies! Enjoy your Saturdays!

13 Likes

Why? You’re enjoying 1:1 time with your husband! Don’t worry about us - enjoy every moment!!

Yay Abracadabar!!! (Wait - WTH is your husband wearing?! Or am I just not seeing “suck” because of the angle??)

7 Likes

:joy: I had to go back and zoom in on the shirt cuz I had no idea what you meant!

1 Like

Sox fans pick right up on these shenanigans.

5 Likes

My thoughts exactly!

2 Likes

Ok, ok I made a bad choice in husband’s! I admit he’s a fixer upper! But he is a very big Bruins fan! And those darn shirts are the result of my DMIL messing with me…

I got to Disney Springs at 10:08 this morning and the Gideon’s line was 130 minutes! But got the text after about an hour and a half so it worked out great for our brunch and shopping. Did some damage at the Basin.

We already polished off one Krampus cookie so we have 7 left to take home in the Kidcot Ziploc bags that I pilfered from Epcot last night. I got the Krampus cold brew too which was SO good and that Nitro better last me through a few bars tonight! Chat in a bit!

@Julianne_fki still on for tomorrow? I’m hoping for an early room at BLT. Did you go to Epcot today?

8 Likes

6 Likes

Yes! When are you planning to head to MK for the party?

1 Like

Ok we will give him the pass. :joy::joy:

2 Likes

We are planning to leave from the Poly or GF around 6:20/6:30! BLT said that our room was being cleaned about 45 minutes ago so hopefully we can get in there soon.

We have begun the bar crawl for the day at Geyser Point! Grill is broken but we got a drink and some other snacks. Hopefully it will be fixed later for you guys @Julianne_fki ! Coke and Coffee for us to ensure we can make it tonight!

I will be sure to post lobby pics in a bit!

9 Likes