Child in Jedi Robe all day at Disney World

I know that children can wear costumes at Disney World, but do they? Would it be weird for a child to wear one all day?

We recently returned from Universal and we wore our robes every day that it wasn’t too hot. DD loved the Ravenclaw robe that I made her (it is probably the best thing I’ve ever made), and DH loved his Jedi robe that I made. I know that DH won’t be able to wear his Jedi Robe. We loved having the robes and they were very practical. The hoods were good for warmth and sunshade. I put lots of zippered pockets on the inside.

So, if I make a Jedi robe for DD will people snigger at her and make rude comments? Will she be the only one in costume?

If it were DH or I, we wouldn’t give a flip. But to prove that God has a sense of humor, DD does care.

2 Likes

When we went to DHS, there were a LOT of kids dressed up in Star Wars costumes. We saw a ton of Reys, Boba Fetts, Jedi, and ‘soft stormtrooper’ costumes. Most of them looked younger, under 10. Our DD11 had a Rey costume with her, but got too self conscious to wear it in Disney.

2 Likes

I love that you made her a robe. What a lucky DD! I’ve also made Jedi robes for my twins; they love them and definitely plan to wear them all day at DHS (if it’s not too hot). I can’t imagine people at WDW batting an eye, but I guess there are mean folks anywhere. I say, go for it, I am sure she will get plenty of encouraging compliments. And anyone who gives her a strange look is definitely on the dark side!

2 Likes

I honestly don’t think anyone will give her a second glance. The parks are full of kids dressed up.

5 Likes

It’s not any different than the little girls that wear Princess dresses.

5 Likes

She will absolutely have company! And DH might be able to wear his with modifications? I mean, I know full robes aren’t allowed, but the guy in the third photo of “permitted” outfits here: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2019/06/dressing-the-part-bounding-for-your-visit-to-star-wars-galaxys-edge/ is very jedi-appearing (DEFINITELY part of the resistance, at the very least!) and it’s kind of robe-y, no? Maybe if you shortened it and gave it a belt like that fellow?

Regardless – would love to see pics of your jedi-in-training in her robes!

2 Likes

Absolutely not weird at all to dress up all day. My girls wore their Rey outfits last fall all day long. I’d recommend the Jedi training for her too (they have robes to wear for that though). No one has ever made rude comments that we’ve ever heard. My girls dress up every single day we are there. If I’m being totally honest I would too if it was allowed!

16 Likes

Great pix, great thread!

Thanks !!!

2 Likes

That is wonderful news! She got so many compliments on the robe at Universal. We felt like rock stars. DH started to tell people he was a ‘homeschooled’ wizard, so that is why he didn’t have any house colors. I’ll find one of the photos and post it here.

This time I’ll start earlier though. I spent so much time on the Jedi robe that I had to buy my Ravenclaw robe at Universal and it stinks.

1 Like

5 Likes

Wear it! She might get extra attention from the roaming Star Wars cast members! My kids did.

1 Like

Ooooh, (swoons) As you can probably tell, we are Star Wars fans. That would be amazing! Using what I learned making their robes I think I could make her a Jedi robe even better.

Rey stopped to take a picture with DD12 (Disneybounding as Rey) and told her she liked her hair. A different time Rey stopped and told DD9 (Disneybounding as Leia) that she “looked like General Organa.” Chewy and Stormtrooopers also paid special attention to them when they went by.

4 Likes

That is adorable