Chefs de France, Spice Road Table, or Marrakesh?

In 50 days we will be arriving in the world. Yay! Upon arrival, we will be heading to Epcot after getting settled in our room. We will enter via IG after getting DS3 setup with the DAS. Not sure how long that will take, but I’m assuming 15(ish) minutes. I’m expecting this to put us inside Epcot around 4:30 when we have ADRs for Chefs de France, Spice Road Table, and Restaurant Marrakesh. After dinner we will do a very quick tour of WS (including a FP for FEA from 6-7) and get to our FW fastpasses by 7ish.

I’m good with the overall touring plan, but I’d like some “pushing” on which dinner to keep. It will be me, DW, DS5, DS3, and DD1. We are on the dining plan. I lean towards France, because otherwise we may have to skip the France pavilion to get to dinner in Morocco. But I am intrigued by the belly dancers… And I like the idea of sitting by the water at SRT. I just can’t decide! Please help me!

I haven’t done SRT yet, so take that into consideration – I would pick France. Marrakesh was ok, but it got really loud when the music played and I wasn’t impressed with the food. On the other hand, we’ve eaten at Chefs de France several times and are always impressed. It’s an underrated favorite.

1 Like

CdF might add entertainment for your kids if you can snag a window seat. It’s fun to people watch. They are also fairly quick (but not rushed) there in my two experiences, which is likely a good thing with the 1-5 crowd. I haven’t eaten at either of the other options although I would like to…

1 Like

When we sat outside at SRT on a cool evening, our food got cold quickly. They had the big heaters set up, but it only helped a little, and we were very near the heaters.

1 Like

As been said Marrakesh can get loud but so can Chefs, and spice is outdoors. If the looks good I like Spice, if not I would go with Chefs

1 Like

Chefs de France! We loved it. We ate at SRT once, it was not that good and then my DS spent the night sick which reaffirmed why it is not for us. Never tried Marrakesh, don’t really have any desire to. Chefs wins this by a mile.

1 Like

I also would go with Chefs De France as the onion soup is to die for and the Crème Bulay is wonderful according to my wife. If you like the spice Curry, which I do not, you might find the other two to your liking but it’s not for us.

1 Like

Another vote for Chefs de France. We have really enjoyed multiple meals there, and the people watching from that location is great.

1 Like

Took our great granddaughters to Marrakesh last September - ages 8, 7 and 5. They enJOYed belly dancing so much. The dancer is very personable and encourages kids to come up and join in. We were taking our time at supper; when the music started up again, the dancer welcomed our girls as long time friends. Got some great photos.

The girls also said they liked their food but most of the kids menu is regular Disney kids menu.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the advice. I think it will be Chefs de France. Fitting since I have French ancestors. Well, among many others, but my surname is French. In fact, there is someone in France with the exact same name as me. We became “friends” on Facebook. So funny whenever one of his posts show up on my screen and its a beautiful picture of something in France, posted by … ME!!! Then I remember my friend in France, haha!

1 Like

I’ve only done CdF, but it was outstanding and we’ll definitely be back.

OK, I just put a big wrinkle into this decision… I was able to snag an ADR for Akershus at 515 (thank you TP Reservation Finder!). So now, I’m thinking we will quickly tour WS from 4-5, ride FEA (fastpass starts at 515), eat dinner, meet A&E, then head over to FW for rides until 8ish.

I know Akershus dinner can take a long time, what should I expect?