Checklist & Tips for joining a Virtual Queue

Yes make sure you are on the world clock or time .gov on a separate device.

General network clocks get off and need to be reset manually every so often.

2 Likes

By the way, this is an interesting feature of time.gov - it tells you how far off your deviceā€™s clock is. Mine is off by just over 2 seconds. If thatā€™s true for your device, it could easily put you behind the game!

6 Likes

Thatā€™s cool. And Iā€™m pleased Iā€™m only off this far :rofl:

3 Likes

Iā€™m on a vpn on this device so it makes sense Iā€™m behind. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

heheheā€¦ still cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

So Iā€™m seeing below the clock ā€œClocks are corrected for network delayā€. Does this mean any delay is due to the device clock itself because it has already accounted for your wifi or 4g speed delay?

2 Likes

So I am assuming the (-) in front of the number your clock is off means that you phone would hit 7AM a second early? Or late?

2 Likes

Late

2 Likes

Iā€™m ahead by 0.033

2 Likes

:man_shrugging:

I just tried for a boarding group at the 1pm drop, just for fun. I got through to the ā€œNot So Fastā€ screen at about 9 or 10 seconds after the hour (it took a second to load each screen). About 30 seconds later I tried again and go the red bar.

3 Likes

Ok now that I think about it, I think it means the official gov clock is corrected for network delay, so what you are seeing on your screen should be the correct time.

But your device clock is what it is. In my case, my device is controlled by my employer as the network administrator. And since Iā€™m on a VPN and they are on a VPN, etc. the time they are setting it to is probably off by the time it reaches my device.

2 Likes

Thats surprising. In the mornings, BGā€™s are gone by 7:00:06/7:00:07

2 Likes

Iā€™ll take that as good news for the rideā€™s efficiency, since HS is at capacity today for resort guests.

3 Likes

I practiced this morning too and got the same result. Had the join button appear, hesitated a split second on the party since it was just me and then saw a ā€œall groups are fullā€ message. I donā€™t have park passes for today (since Iā€™m at hone), so I expected the ā€œnot so fastā€ but I guess that hesitation cost me too much time. Iā€™ll blast through on my next practice.

3 Likes

I see a competition to see who is closest to zero :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Just so everyone knows, nothing is markedly different here in the future.

10 Likes

7 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

I also tried today again. I was in a different part of my house which had really bad wifi. And I was doing it just using my phone clock alone, tabbed out to the app face.

At 30 seconds to, I went back into the MDE app.
Twice, between 9:59:30 and 10:00 (my time), I hit the join button twice, once by accident and the next panicked by the first ā€œfat fingerā€ tap.

I managed to hit the back button to get back to the first join screen both times, the second time less that 5 seconds from 10:00 on the nose.

The second my brain registered the flip from 9:59 to 10, I tapped twice, had what felt like a 1-2 second delay between the 2nd and 3rd screen, then got the ā€œNot So Fastā€ screen meaning success.

I did the mix up in routine to try and test my stress reaction to unforeseen obstacles, which clearly came into play. I also wanted to test my phones ability to get through in a section of the house I know my phone has difficulties. For the record, my phone went from -0.044 seconds to +0.031 in a time frame of 30 minutes (I just checked as of this posting, and 10 minutes before I tried the BG. Checking in 2 different parts of the house.)

3 Likes