Checklist & Tips for joining a Virtual Queue

That selecting all happened to me the other day too at practice. I was worried about this morning. But everyone today was preselected and I just had to hit join. I think the difference was having a park reservation. Thanks for that reminder I had forgotten that detail already (“ no I’m not getting old!” She whispers to herself :rofl:)

3 Likes

Thanks for that confirmation. The weird part is that even at practice the main person always used to be selected, up until a week or two ago.

1 Like

OP is updated. I made a note at the bottom of the post on practicing. And also put an update in the practicing portion of the PDF.

I feel like practicing may now be a hinderance. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Yes that’s what I noticed too.

I can relate to this! Lol they don’t get it!! :joy:

1 Like

I am looking for a discussion which I swear I was reading last night about a new shortcut for obtaining a BG? I can’t seem to find the discussion, but @ninjasherrie was going to test it this AM? Can you point me to the thread?

1 Like

I believe the poster deleted the thread.

4 Likes

Oh thanks, I wondered if that’s what happened. For a while, I thought I was going crazy!

1 Like

So the question is it worked this morning for her so was it legit or not. Maybe we never know

1 Like

It was decided that the info might be used inappropriately or for profit, and that it did not meet the spirit of TP. The BG1 hack is still available, just not published on TP.

5 Likes

It does work… I’m the one who tested it.
But it’s not Disney official, so proceed at your own risk.

Sorry, bebe80 I didn’t mean to reply to you

3 Likes

I would think it’s fine to share the original link via PM? That link got at least 50 hits if I remember, so many liners should have it. Either bookmarked or going back through your browsers history.

5 Likes

It works currently, but it probably has a short shelf life. Disney may change something, or the creator of the “hack” may take it down. So for now enjoy it, but do not expect it to be around long.

5 Likes

Good call on taking down the post – thank you.

2 Likes

Hey folks, creator of said “hack” (I prefer “open source proof-of-concept”, but whatever) here. Just got a heads up that word of my little experiment was going around. Thanks for taking down that thread and choosing to not promote it further. It definitely is not intended for general use (or any use at all, except for hopefully helping Disney to improve the way the BG process currently works in the official app).

Thanks again!

7 Likes

Thanks for playing around with it Joel. I like how you simplified the interface and I agree 100% that Disney should update their workflow to match.

1 Like

I think there are GREAT tips here for RotR. It’s cool you found another way. I’ve been successful with ‘the old way’ :crazy_face:.

2 Likes

Thanks to @bebe80 and everyone else. I beat out DS16 this morning and got BG11! Hollywood Studios, here we come!

13 Likes

Woohoo! Congrats!

1 Like

I did a test run yesterday day and got

So I think that means I would have been successful. I had time.gov open for countdown and then switched to counting seconds as I went to the app and clicked join, join, clicked on adding DB to group.

3 Likes