Checklist & Tips for joining a Virtual Queue

Understandable.

I remember being surprised that you were only delaying for a month, after settlement. You’ll be back, not if, but when!

2 Likes

Our July 24th trip was pushed to September 20th and now it could be the week of Thanksgiving, (not likely) or a Christmas trip (Slight chance) or President day week (slim chance) or Spring break 2022 (better chance) or Summer 2022 (most likely).

But we did get an offer for our old house that was $43K above asking price. WOO-HOO!!!

Closing on that sale is Noon tomorrow $43K could get us a decent DVC membership.

6 Likes

FORTY THREE THOUSAND dollars above asking?!

That is fucking insane!

Good for you, man!

5 Likes

I like this new change. I used it this morning but I was the only person with a park pass. I think it will be much easier when traveling with a larger group. Now each ramily can get their own without all the pressure on one person. Got BG 50 but just before I got there Rise went down.

4 Likes

The OP is updated to reflect the major change in the MDE app when attempting to snag a Boarding Group. Practicing is not worth while anymore since MDE checks to see if you have a park reservation earlier in the process. The old way was 3 clicks, now it is only 2 clicks. But, don’t let your guard down because it is easier for everyone else too.

Thank you to @joelbruick and the tutorial so I was able to get screenshots and to @Jeff_AZ for advice and proofing.

7 Likes

Dd20 is thrilled to hear that we cannot practice. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

I’ve been practicing from the car line each morning, and my kids have been VERY concerned that I’m not longer practicing at 7am :rofl:

7 Likes

Well this is a bummer, I now feel a lot less confident going into my trip

So I am a little confused. At 6:59:59 do I pull down to refresh or does the refresh button automatically turn blue. I tried this morning and I never got the refresh button but there was no one in my party so maybe that is why

1 Like

We recommend hitting the Refresh button at the bottom instead of pulling to refresh. Because your finger is right their ready to tap Join. See step 5 and the 2 images.

Your party will only be selected if you have a Park Reservation for that day.

4 Likes

Thanks, I was just thrown because this morning (since we don’t have a park pass) the refresh button was grayed out

1 Like

Hmmm, it’s not grayed out for me currently…

2 Likes

Don’t be discouraged - these changes are relatively minor to be honest. You still have a great chance of getting a BG if you follow the instructions! The changes just make it easier to confirm your party since you can do it beforehand (but you don’t have to - it should be automatically selected as it was before.)

3 Likes

This is what I see now

2 Likes

I see that…weird.

Mine looks the same as yours.

1 Like

I am on an iPhone, are you on that as well? Don’t know why that would matter, but maybe?

I considered that, I’m on android…

When I refreshed at 1:00, the Join button appeared but was dimmed out like so…

Interesting, I didn’t bother trying to refresh at 1, maybe another day

1 Like