Checklist & Tips for joining a Virtual Queue

Correct. I was practicing from home. Successful = got to the end without getting the red banner.

Amazing instructions. Thank you Bebe80 for the instruction and everyone else for your input. I feel prepared. 13 days to GO TIME :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You can do it!!!

2 Likes

Sorry guys, but now I’m even more confused! :crazy_face:

I realize that I can’t actually get a BG from home at either the 7am or the 1pm drop, since I don’t have an APR for HS that day.

But if I make it to the “not so fast” message, that means that I would have gotten a BG if I did have an APR for HS, correct? So far, I’m only getting red messages that state that there are no remaining BGs. I have yet to see “not so fast” so I’m assuming that means that if I was doing it “for real” on my HS day that I would not have gotten a BG.

I have only tried at 1pm (10am Pacific time) and am seeing conflicting replies regarding whether I should even be trying from home at 1pm. Can someone clarify please?

2 Likes

Yes!

Yes, that means it wasn’t fast enough.

Yes. You should keep trying!

If it still doesn’t work after a couple of days, I would try the other tips mentioned like turing off the wi-fi to the phone or checking your phone clock to the time.gov clock.

3 Likes

Correct! If you get the red “no BGs left,” you weren’t quick enough. You literally have to push the “join” buttons on each screen (three in all) one after another with little to no delay. Keep practicing!

4 Likes

Have you watched the video that @bebe80 posted at the top of this thread? This is what it looks like if you are successful (you can slow down the video by sliding the slider at the bottom slower to really take in each step).

(https://drive.google.com/file/d/19sxURY0KzEEtsM_Z0rZ21dKnnNZnIEAE/view?usp=sharing)

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone! This is super helpful. :sweat_smile:

I had no issues getting BGs on two separate days (and “success” on multiple practice days, if I remember correctly) for my whole group last January (when you had to be actually in the park at 7am… :sleeping:). I figured I’d have it in the bag this time, but I guess I’m really out of practice!

I did use time.gov and have been tapping at 12:59:59 and speeding through the other join buttons. Maybe I’m actually tapping too early? I have a week to practice, so I’ll keep at it! :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I think the 7am drop time usually is slightly longer, so hopefully you’ll have better luck on the day of. It’s like athletes training at high altitude. :wink:

3 Likes

I really ought to just start getting up at 4am to practice…I have a super early a.m. flight to MCO next week anyway, and getting a head start on adjusting to eastern time wouldn’t be a bad idea either!

4 Likes

Ugh. I hear you. but ugh.

I’m not tapping until exactly 1pm. And multiple tries I only went by my clock in the corner when I’m in the MDE app.

Don’t give up! And stock up on LOTS of coffee for the time switch!

3 Likes

That’s encouraging! I’ll be solo and I don’t have a smartwatch or anything, so I’ll probably be relying on my phone clock for the 1pm drop (if needed). At 7am I can maybe use my Kindle if I’m still in my hotel room at that hour. :thinking:

2 Likes

@bebe80

Used time.is to keep time on my laptop and was able to get the “Not So Fast” “Is Everyone in the Park”. As many people have said, only my name was checked, but I just kept hitting blue buttons.

I know this has been asked, but I’m trying to get more technical. I have other people in My Friends and Family that went on a trip last year (son, daughter, mother in law, father in law). On this upcoming trip, it is going to be, me, wife, brother in law, sister in law. BIL and SIL are also in Friends and Family list.

Should I delete MIL, FIL, son and daughter b/c I would only want me, wife, brother in law and sister in law to be checked?

3 Likes

I just tried for the first time this morning and made several rookie mistakes (too many apps open, not using the world clock countdown).

I’m glad to have the chance to practice in advance. I wasn’t even really going to get a BG and I still felt All Of The Pressure to do it right and be “successful” and felt All Of The Disappointment when I failed.

What’s that even like when it’s a For Real situation :flushed:

5 Likes

@OBNurseNH

On our trip last year, my group didn’t want to do it. While in a ridiculously long queue line for SDD (before whatever time was the official time that day), I was like, I’m going to do it and not tell anyone. Got BG26 (I think) and was so thrilled. But, I had no pressure. I felt exactly like you did just now at 1:00 PM. I think the biggest issue is figuring out / confirming if the right people will be checked so you can just hit those blue buttons rapid fire. Hoping bebe80 respond to my question above (selfishly!)

3 Likes

You don’t have to. Only those with park reservations for that day will be selected. (Automatically)

3 Likes

Try again tomorrow if you can. Once I got past the “unknown” aspect, it calmed me down immensely, which I hope will transfer over to park day. I’m going to keep practicing as much as I can. I’m hoping muscle memory > nerves.

I like what @Jmarkey86 said about just doing it and not telling anyone. I know get super nervous when the entire stadium is watching my point after to win the game. (that’s what I imagine it feels like!)

3 Likes

well, that’s funny. me too! Usually it’s a little too early for me. But, I couldn’t get back to sleep so I thought I’d try. It was good to see the process. I agree that a few practices will make it feel slower.

2 Likes

Whereas for me it’s just as I’m trying to get out the door. So not ideal timing, but clearly - as evidenced by my lack of result - I need to give it some practice time whether I like it or not.

2 Likes

I practiced at lunchtime, again today. (I was supposed to be listening to a meeting. whoops).
This time, I turned off my wifi, to see if it made any difference. (nope. not here at home)

I’ve been successful both times. And both times, I’ve tried to back out to the 2nd screen and do it again. Allotment is gone by then. So, wow. That makes me nervous that it goes so fast!

I’ll just have to get my video-game-playing DH and DS practicing, too. I think my setup is going to be DD counting down while the other three of us try at various intervals (59, 00, 01, maybe?)

4 Likes

NOT SO FAST!

Yesssssss!

Plenty more time to practice but nailed it today!

6 Likes