Checklist & Tips for joining a Virtual Queue

I also practiced this morning because I’m getting down to the nitty gritty. It was successful, had my Not so Fast at 7:00:04. I took a screen recording.

4 Likes

Wow did anyone else’s thread break when I tried to post that gif the first time? I couldn’t scroll or reply or edit or anything. My safari (on my phone) would freeze and I’d have to force shut down. I had to go on my laptop and delete the gif link and reupload as an image instead of a link. Now I can scroll again. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, I could not scroll on that image. :rofl::rofl: Thanks Jeffrey!

3 Likes

I couldn’t either. It was weird

2 Likes

oh… it’s your fault :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I kept getting a pop up that the page wasn’t responding. /side eye

3 Likes

Ok well never fear, people. I fixed it! :hammer_and_wrench:

2 Likes

I’ll try again next week (it’s the weekend and i hope not be up before 7 am!) and use a device that can display time.gov. I was eyeballing the second hand on my apple watch. maybe that was an issue. glad i can keep trying!

3 Likes

4 Likes

Perfect :joy:

Let’s call @Jeff_AZ “Fit It Felix”

4 Likes

Looks like you needed me sooner than you thought. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Good catch, darn AC!

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for all the help! We were able to get BG 1 for our first day at HS (Wed. Feb. 24) and BG 57 for our second day (Thurs. Feb. 25). We clicked at exactly 6:59:59 our first day and just slightly after 6:59:59 our second day (but still before 7:00:00). We were on wifi at our offsite airbnb. The tips from this post were so helpful! We couldn’t have done it without them! My kids and husband who are all big Star Wars fans were REALLY excited.

9 Likes

Congrats! I’m sure you guys had a blast!

3 Likes

I think you’re the first person to post on this thread to get boarding group 1! :clap: You deserve this:

:trophy:

7 Likes

Woohoo! Congrats!

1 Like

@Jeff_AZ do you know (or anyone here know) about how kids under 3 years old impact the planning party that’s preselected for the BG process?

Only time I did this live was January '20 and I didn’t want an early BG, so took time to get one. But this time, we’ll want to be one of the first groups and my son is showing in my plans as part of my party. If he’s preselected, will it then give me an error because he doesn’t have a ticket? Or will he not be preselected because he doesn’t have a ticket?

2 Likes

He won’t be pre-selected based on our experience last fall. Should be nothing to worry about, but I always leave room for Disney IT to make a problem where there wasn’t one previously.

4 Likes

Thanks! I just realized I could also “practice” while we’re already in WDW at one of the 1pm drops to see what populates. Just important to have all your bases covered with how quickly these goes, though, eh?!

3 Likes