Checklist & Tips for joining a Virtual Queue

But we don’t know if Genie+ will be up and running yet.

Part of me doesn’t want it to avoid the IT headaches, and the other part knows that DHS (at least) will be next to impossible without it.

I am fine with leveraging Genie+ if it’s available, but the uncertainty is driving me crazy! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

The plan was for Genie+ to debut the first week in October but not on Oct 1st.

Whether that is still on schedule isn’t clear. I gather there are issues around the Genie part (ya know, the bit TP does so much better).

So yes, it makes the planning hard.

My gut tells me to get in line for Rise first, then knock out the other rides whilst most people are lining up for Rise. And then explor Galaxy’s Edge.

3 Likes

The thing that concerns me about wasting a rope drop on Rise is that it goes down so much… But still, I’d rope drop rise, then do the Smugglers Run (if you rope drop early enough, you should be able to stay ahead of the crowd like is typical at Animal Kingdom). I would wait to do slinky until it’s night. It’s such a better ride/experience at night. That line in the sun is brutal. After leaving the GE area, I’d be looking at the touring plans lines app to get a feel for the “real” wait times, and go from there. If Midway Mania is under 40 min, I’d hit that and work towards the Minnie/Mickey/Runaway, stopping off for One Man’s World for AC.

One good thing is that the queue for Rise is really cool. We were there on a day where it broke down a lot, so we had a 55 min wait even using the boarding group system. The queue is easily capable of holding at least a 90 min wait, I would think. And in the cool, themed shade, with some interactive games (using QR codes) that we never quite got to work.

3 Likes

I’ll be tweaking the instructions to reflect the current status, removing the specific ROTR attraction because Remy will be added. General Virtual Queue instructions.

Heads up on how this looks in MDE. 2 parks are now listed. When ROTR opens up the VQ again, it will display under “How to Experience”.

8 Likes

The OP is updated…again (General Virtual Queue Instructions)

Only Epcot is listed on the VQ page now. Who knows if ROTR will ever come back. If ever a time, it would be around Christmas.

Boarding Groups were reportedly gone yesterday for Remy in 5 seconds at the 7am drop.

2 Likes

Is there also a 1pm Remy drop like there was for ROTR?

Yep, and reportedly groups were available well after 1:00 yesterday.

1 Like

Yes I saw someone posting that they could still get it at 3:30.

But I wonder if that was a MK 50th Anniversary park hop effect - those in Epcot who wanted to ride had or were going to skip in favor of hopping to MK so didn’t bother to try.

I think it will take a few days/weeks for us to see how these things will really look (ROTR standby, VQ availability) after this whole birthday party thing settles down some

2 Likes

A friend tried this morning and was unsuccessful. That was at about 5 seconds. It’s the last day of his trip too. :frowning:

2 Likes

It is not easy at 7, hope they can try again at 1:00 and has time to stay!

1 Like

w/ wifi turned off yesterday I bet the 1 pm drop had issues

2 Likes

That didn’t happen until later in the day.

2 Likes

oh true, but all our LIVE liners were also complaining about network issues all day :wink: It’s really stressful trying to get a BG at the 1pm drop in the park.

2 Likes

Indeed

1 Like

The BG1 bookmark that some liners used for Rise worked yesterday for Remy.

3 Likes

I can’t find that thread. What was it again?

1 Like

The BG1 Experimental Boarding Group Client thread was deleted, but it is available upon PM request as many Liners have it saved/bookmarked.

1 Like

It has also been posted on chat and Joel has answered questions.

1 Like

Oh that’s great!

I’m having Rise flashbacks…long waits in the queue :crazy_face: Ride been down awhile, but we are close to ride so waiting.

3 Likes