Checklist & Tips for joining a Virtual Queue

Ha ha! My parents were tired because we were up all night on Monday for a very early airport arrival. She said, honey, I’ll just get on a bus and come over and ask to speak to their managers!!

7 Likes

Haha exactly

4 Likes

I just looked back at an email reminder, from Disney, about an upcoming park reservation to HS. It goes into detail about how to get onto RotR. It’s not detailed like the tips here but ppl really have no excuse. Most ppl don’t read carefully.

2 Likes

Good morning! My daughter got boarding group 51 today!

15 Likes

Hmmm…so maybe the instructions should include something about using a teenager for the process whenever possible?

I have already put my dd on notice that we will be practicing before our trip!

8 Likes

Yay!!

I am a total control freak and did it myself. I didn’t even tell anyone else it was an option to help me.

4 Likes

This is me too. Which may be why I failed at getting a BG. Phone/connection issues shot me in the foot… To be fair, there was total chaos around me in the form of 3 crazy children, and I was a wee bit distracted

1 Like

Haha. Mine are old enough that I could, and did, say, “You may not approach me, speak to me, need me, or in any way disturb me for the next 5 minutes. I will let you know when it is safe to approach”

6 Likes

Dd turns 20yo in less than a week (:astonished:) and I am trying really hard to include her more in the logistics forseeing a time when she might do this on her own (:sob:).

Also, we want to increase our chances at getting a boarding group so I am trying to be okay with releasing some of the control

4 Likes

I know there is no way to really know but are most people being called for their BG before 1:00 if they get a BG at 7? Or are a lot of people not getting called until later? Precovid both times I rode I got my BG 7am while in the park and I wasn’t called until 5-6 pm.

1 Like

Most of my BG were estimated to be called no earlier than 11 am, but depending on the number or break downs it could be much later in the afternoon. I think they give leeway on tardiness due to unpredictability of the ride and ppls ADRs that come at a cost for last min cancellation.

3 Likes

That is how I am planning one of my HS days. Wake up early to get a BG but relax at the hotel until my boathouse lunch at 11ish, my hope is I’m called by then, can ride before I park hop to MK and stay for boo bash. I’m going to try to get a 6:30 ADR at MK so I really hope I’m called before that. It would suck to have to choose between ROTR and HEA. Last time I was called while I was at boathouse, I then went to HS and rode and then ran to MK HEA and got there 15 min before the show and had an obstructed view. That was way too much. If I dont get the morning BG I will tap into HS before going to DS and then try for a 1:00 while I’m at boathouse.

1 Like

I would guess they release enough BG’s at 7:00 to run through 2pm with no breakdowns. It sounds like your two times previously, there were numerous breakdowns.

1 Like

I know that one of the days there was a breakdown for most of the afternoon because no groups were called for a very long time in the afternoon and then it started moving really fast. That makes sense. Fingers crossed for a smooth day.

1 Like

Boarding group 51 called at 11:58.

8 Likes

Not bad :clap:

1 Like

What did I tell you?!

6 Likes

Got one in our room at OKW this morning w/o teenager help and only 2 bars. Got up to get coffee and another bar popped up (DS refused to get up).

8 Likes

Great!

I just did a practice run to see if I need to edit my practicing instructions. I was not selected, (had to select all before final join) so took an extra click yet again.

3 Likes