Checking in a day late..dcv rental

We rented AKL DVC at the end of this month. We were supposed to arrive Saturday but due to a family obligation we wont be there until end of day Sunday. I know we cant get a refund. If we did online check in will the room just be there for us or will they know we didnt arrive and cancel our reservation? . Do we need to contact the dvc owner, or do you think we call the resort directly? Do the resorts have individual phone lines?

1 Like

@Jeff_AZ had a similar situation last year. Hopefully he’ll chime in with how he handled it. I know he didn’t lose the room for the remaining nights.

1 Like

Our flight was cancelled for one of our trips earlier this year. Originally we were not going to make until the next day. We called the resort directly and just let them know we were arriving a day late. Ended up getting an earlier flight and made it the same day and had to call again but still no problem on their end. The DVC owner can do nothing. DW had actually just Googled the number and was able to get the number to the front desk.

2 Likes

Sorry I missed this tag! When this happened to me last year, I called the hotel to see what would happen, and they said my reservation would be held and I would be assigned a room as normal, I just wouldn’t be using it that day. It’s still worth giving the hotel a call to be safe, but I assume that is standard procedure. Make sure to check in online or over the phone.

1 Like

This is the phone number Touring Plans gives (same for Jambo and Kidani):

(407) 938-3000

The owner is unlikely to modify the reservation, although they could, but they could call or use chat to note that you’d be arriving a day late.

I think you’d be fine for a day late. Tbh, the resort shouldn’t cancel a DVC reservation at all. They shouldn’t modify one either, but occasionally they do - and often end up screwing it up.

2 Likes