Checking for FPPs before your dates

So if I wanted to ‘practice’ getting FPPs (read, test availability at different times of the day), can you go through the app/system and start the sign up without confirming? I’m worried that once I pick my date to get the FPP (say tomorrow) it will be assigned and I won’t be able to change to my real date. I just want to start monitoring the FPP availability to get a better sense of what I can expect when my big moment comes along.

Does anyone else do this?

Yes or you could just book them and then cancel them. But only if your tickets are not part of a package.

1 Like

No I bought them separately.

Now I just realized that I still have the last 5 tickets listed on my account as ‘active’. They may be active, but only 1 has any days left. Why are they still there and do I care? They were all just 4 day tickets that have long expired.

MDE glitch. Don’t worry about them.

1 Like

I did this and canceled all my FP the same day I made them because I didn’t want to prevent someone else from booking them.

1 Like

Good point. I don’t actually even need to “make” the FPPs. I just want to see the available times and make sure I’m up on how to do it. I especially thought I should practice with the app.

Also, if I ‘tried’ for FPPs for, say today, would it give me everything available, including whatever people trying for extra FPPs in the parks would see? Again, not looking to actually book, just see how it works and what’s coming up for later in the day.

When you go to book, it gives you a selection of times. Usually one in the morning, one around noon, one in the afternoon. Assuming there are FPs available through the day. And once you book one FP, for the next one it will give you at least one option close to the first time. It tries to be clever.

Then when you modify, or click “show me all times”, you can then see a whole range of times.

1 Like

I never really liked the initial times I was given, so booking and modifying might be better if you want to get exact times even as a practice run.

2 Likes

That’s a good point. But how does modifying work. Do you have to cancel what you have and then accept the new ones or is there just a change function?

Nope, it’s more like a change or edit function. You select a new time and then it asks if you want to replace your current one. You accept or cancel.

1 Like

Can you practice ahead of time with an AP? It won’t be activated until I get there.

I’m pretty sure you can, people with a new AP must be able to book in advance before they activate it surely.

1 Like

Yes, I think that’s true, but I just don’t know about the practice runs. I do have other family member’s tickets to play around with, though. :grinning:

If you can book for a trip, there’s no difference between that and practising though is there. An AP is obviously not tied to specific dates. I’d be surprised if it didn’t let you.

1 Like

Yes. You will be able to book FPs for any date 30 days or less ahead.

Just remember to cancel them!

2 Likes

So, if I try to book, say, tomorrow, just to see what’s available, it doesn’t suddenly ‘allocate’ my tickets to tomorrow. I’m not actually going for a couple of months, so I don’t want to wreck my tickets, which are not AP tickets, so I only have my 4 days.

No it doesn’t. Your tickets aren’t activated until you actually use them.

1 Like