Checking Every Day?

DFB showed pictures there. I hope Disney does better w/ Xmas decorations than the pitiful showing for Halloween.

1 Like

Epcot started opening at 10am (9:30am for EE) on the days we were there. It seems that is the new normal. Plenty early, IMO.

It goes back to 11am in November, but maybe that will change! 10 still seems pretty late to me though.

2 Likes

10am is really 9:30am for EE which means you have to leave your room at like 8:30am, which means you have to wake up by 7:30am at the latest, which if anyone thinks that’s not early, I hope you will move to the west coast so you can sympathize with those of us who are jet lagged! :rofl:

5 Likes

I liked the new Cinderella carriage pumpkins around the lampposts in MK, but didn’t see much otherwise. I’m hopeful the holiday decor is back, especially since so many other things are coming back. It is my favorite time of year and when I make my annual pilgrimage. All the other trips are just bonus.

3 Likes

The calendar shows this, but I bet they update these hours to 10am. Especially during holiday weeks.

1 Like

Ah fair! You made the 9:30 point and I glossed over it. I guess 9:30 is decent. (I just remember in 2019 when we went to SeaWorld and they opened at 10am and it felt like it opened mid-afternoon. But my kids were a lot younger then.)

I sympathize with you on the jet lag! I’m sorry! We definitely build in a solid 3 days for time zone changes when we go to Europe. Much less of an option on a quick Disney trip! We generally have the opposite problem when we travel West (as you know). I just remember being up SO early when we were in Hawaii.

2 Likes

I think it’s nice that MK and AK (and even HS) open a little earlier. But it is nice to have one day where the park doesn’t open super early! I agree 11am is way too late.

3 Likes

At this point they could almost open World Showcase at 9am and Future World at 11am lol! Just need a skybridge or something from the front entrance.

3 Likes

Yes! I wish all the parks opened at 10 so I could get some $#%^^&% sleep in Florida! When I was there this past week, it made such a difference that I had been on eastern time for a week already. The early park times are awful for those of us who live in the west.

3 Likes

yes, so I know we all miss late night hours too. If for no other reason but a reprieve from the sun.

4 Likes

Have we determined you need to be there an hour early prior to EE to be towards the front of the line?

If you have EP do you really need to get up that early? …and IDK if you have EP… I’m w/ @Wahoohokie about getting up way too early :confused:

2 Likes

Yes! The parks after dark are lovely (and I barely have to try to fight death :rofl:). Hopefully late hours return some day.

2 Likes

Yes, and for more than just deluxe resort folks

2 Likes

I’m not sure. Tuesday I went to MK and got there about 30 minutes before. My friends were already there close to the front of where they hold you, so I joined them. I think maybe 45 minutes would be enough?

That is encouraging to know its possible for them to operate earlier. 9:30 EE would work for me. The extra hour makes a big difference. I hope this is the case for my dates in January.

1 Like

Yes!

1 Like

With the 10am opening, most things in World Showcase did not open untill 11. I like the stagger, it was nice to have a “later” day. We didn’t rope drop this last trip as we don’t have EE, but still generally got there within an hour of park opening.

1 Like

I thought they were opening at the same time again. Crud