Checking Every Day?

I mean, compared to an EMAIL from Disney or Southwest, this thread is a soothing balm.

The emails … oof. My blood runs cold when I see one pop up and I need to read it before i can calm down.

8 Likes

That’s a very real thing.

1 Like

That would be great if the train is opened, I didn’t think it was reopening until tron was complete.

2 Likes

Same…we’ll have one or two “special meals” but other than that we will be eating QS if the dining plans do not return! Our trip is in December…

This. Really screwed me up a few weeks ago when my flight was changed. Now I’m struggling to figure out my arrival day plans because there is no longer a direct flight in early afternoon for me (my original flight). It’s either 6AM or 3PM, the latter getting me to MCO at 630ish and I’m hoping to catch the final HEA at 815. It could be close. Is the train station open for HEA viewing? Even so, I’m guessing it will be reserved on the final night, but we’ll see

1 Like

oh… I didn’t consider that… I hope that’s not true b/c then it wouldn’t reopen until 2023

1 Like

We were last in WDW in July of 2018 …and the train wasn’t running.

We were then in DLR in December of 2018 …and the train wasn’t running.

I am in withdrawal and pretty sad that it won’t return at WDW in time for the anniversary. :frowning:

2 Likes

I was hoping it would be up and running by Oct 1st which is X days away (MDE is keeping a count for us :wink: ) It’s uncovered so that’s a step in the right direction.

1 Like

Yup, but is the actual track laid over near where they needed to reroute it for Tron?

I have taken my mom to WDW three times since 2018…all she wants to do is ride the train, which has never been open. I’m becoming increasingly concerned it still won’t be for our November trip.

lalalalalalala… not listening any more

:angry:

I’m so sorry this has happened to you too.

FWIW Jet Blue borked my DLR arrival, costing us almost a half a day, and there’s not a better option. So they’re all doing it.

I don’t think that’s currently an option because the characters are up there and the dapper dans

1 Like

Sadly that’s exactly what I’ve been assuming so far. They might just be parking the train at the station for visuals. Maybe it’s getting projection mapping!

Sorry, but looks like that will not be.

I checked the Twitter account of Bioreconstruct, the photographer of Orlando Amusement Parks.

He posted these Tron photos about two weeks ago, no big progress on where the train tracks should be going.

This picture taken from the Barnstormer line shows the Railroad Ties and Track that have been sitting there since the spring, still unused. The gravel area is the railroad bed where the track have been. Note the concrete construction in the background.

This is a picture showing the same area from the other side from the Peoplemover.

Note the concrete construction on the left hand side. There are walls up where most likely the railroad train will pass through. This photo shows a very clear open pathway under the Tron coaster coming out from the concrete walls, my dumb guess that’s the future railway bed.

Looks like a lot of work still to be done for the train to complete,

3 Likes

Wow… no one has any good news :sob:

I’m going to squeak peak tomorrow… I’ll focus on that then :kissing_closed_eyes:

When I first saw pictures of concrete walls going up, I thought that they were building a pass through tunnel for the train. A tunnel would provide safety and also would help keep two different unique experiences separate and unique. But looks like that will not happen.

More likely, until Tron is no longer an active construction site, the train will not pass through this area.

1 Like

no hearts… just keep piling on for those of us waiting for a train ride :wink:

I wouldn’t mind going past Tron on the train. I hope they don’t redo train cars to face one way (looking one way) b/c I want to see around me.

1 Like

Every time I see that there are new posts on this thread, I get my hopes up that it’s an update about Hoop Dee Doo. I read they were calling back the cast a few months ago and haven’t heard anything since.

2 Likes

I always liked the story that Walt Disney had the Magic Kingdom specifically designed so that each land stayed unique in its theme, such that you could not even see one land from another.

Just does not seem right that an old fashioned Steam train should pass right by the futuristic Light Cycle Coaster.

2 Likes

Did you know that the train at Disneyland Paris goes through Pirates of the Caribbean?? You can’t really tell from PoC but it was very odd to go from Frontierland and suddenly be on the backside of pirate water!!

2 Likes