Checking Every Day?

There were amazing Festival of the Lion King dinner packages (Tiffins. Front row at FoLK, semi-private safari).

If that returns I will let you know (in between my screams and jumping up and down).

11 Likes

Yes please and thank you!!! :grin::grin::grin:

I was in a meeting this morning and I received an email and phone call from DVC member services. This is the email:

The phone message said “when we know when APs will be sold again, it will be posted on the website”.

I actually didn’t think they could make me feel this frustrated. I included DVC on the email just to express my feelings as a member. I know this decision is not theirs.

This is what I asked:

10 Likes

That email is perfect. The lack of communication from DVC is so horribly frustrating!

4 Likes

I struggled all day yesterday but decided I wanted to talk to someone about my email. A few things: 1. they told me since I was DVC only DVC would respond to me 2. it seems as if my reference to the DL AP announcement might have triggered the call. She said that it was emails and calls from DL regulars that forced them to announce the timeline.

I did explain I understood they did not control ticketing but since I knew they would not take three or four tickets and combine them to an AP they were forcing me to decide if I was willing to chance not being able to go to a park or pay over $2000 for tickets just for me.

I also pointed out that promotional videos for new DVC resorts highlight ticket discounts and many of us would be happy with just the opportunity to purchase a ticket that could be used over an extended time, similar to FL resident tickets.

It was a lovely conversation and she said it seems like better days are ahead and people are so happy that all the CMs are being called back.

I will continue checking every day…

I did end by once again telling her I wanted Disney, not DVC to know my concerns. I am grateful for everything DVC did to work with me over the closure .

8 Likes

For those who are checking every day for MNSSHP like I am, look what popped up in my facebook roll this afternoon. I’m still not holding hope that it will be happening in August during my family’s trip (I think they will start it later this year, with the announcement not happening yet) but there are exciting rustlings happening in that direction!

2 Likes

Not packages but the show returns today

8 Likes

Just to add, this is soft openings. So you probably won’t find show times in the app yet.

I believe it’s meant to be opening May 15th, but just to clarify that hasn’t been announced as such so not official in that sense.

2 Likes

Ok, I’ve got a tiny one that would actually mean a lot to my kids…The Boneyard. Outside, with masks and plenty of hand sanitizer it should be fairly low risk?

5 Likes

My kids would be thrilled to have the Boneyard available! Already excited for the Jurassic park play area in IOA which just opened a week or two ago.

1 Like

I saw that! Woot!

I figure it will be a fine substitute, but of course would rather have both! It will be a great place to hang out during our meetup early entry while waiting for day guests to clear out!

1 Like

WDW is hiring a Seasonal Fireworks & Special Effects Designer!

7 Likes

I am SO EXCITED for the Boo After Hours. I know disappointing for those MNSSHP fans but I LOVE DAH. We are there week of October 18th in btw FL weddings so can’t wait for dates to be announced.

4 Likes

Okay who had this on their Checking Every Day List?

Disney World’s trash cans are being restored to their normal state at the theme parks, resorts, and Disney Springs

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/news/11may2021-disney-worlds-trash-cans-are-returning-to-normal.htm

5 Likes

Seems as good a place as any for this too. And hopefully without upsetting @cherokee_jacket too much, I think this is just slightly more exciting :wink:

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/epcot-forever/news/11may2021-overnight-testing-of-epcot-forever-underway-at-epcot.htm

4 Likes

How is this slightly more exciting? It looks like the very same information? The earnings call bit?

Oh wait - was the article I read about this posted somewhere else on this board?

Oh, I hadn’t seen it posted.

But I thought EF possibly returning was more interesting than trash cans… :grin:

2 Likes

I think the last seven to ten days overall have been pretty exciting:

1. Removal of temperature checks
  2. Return of Lion King show
  3. Return of After hours Events for Halloween
  4. Return of College PROGRAM :wink:
  5. Return of Garbage Can Lids, the removal of another Covid 19 Safety protocol
  6. Orange County removing Covid restrictions
  7. Testing some kind of evening EPCOT show
  8. Re-opening more Table Service restaurants

And I’m sure I have missed one or two.

All these add up. Little victories for WDW fans.

Do all these little things mean that something bigger or better might come on Thursday for Q2 Earnings Results. Doubt it, Disney+ has been the big feature of the calls.

10 Likes

Yes had I realized the article wasn’t in this thread I’d have agreed 100000% - way more interesting (exciting is a stretch) than trash cans

But every little movement toward normal is good IMO

5 Likes

I bet there will be at least some theme park news since things are picking up with travel and restrictions are starting to be lifted. Also, Disneyland just reopened. So I could see them wanting to tout some positive theme park news, though it may be more generalizations (hotel bookings and theme park attendance is up!) rather than lots of specific things like particular restaurants reopening and things like that.

2 Likes