Character overload?

If using the IG to get to FEA, can you still walk through the world showcase even though it’s not open yet? I’ve never done RD at Epcot, so I didnt know if it was roped off like in the other parks? I was really thinking about this for our trip next week. Eeeek, so much to do!

1 Like

You have to walk clockwise through Mexico. They won’t let you go the other way.

1 Like

Bummer! Doesn’t seem like it will be an advantage for my FEA plan. Might be perfect for a RD on Soarin’…

1 Like

It actually is still an advantage… for now. I think it’s probably equidistant from IG or the main gate to FEA. But, the advantage is that there aren’t normally that many people waiting at IG for RD. (And that includes a very busy week during March spring break when we were there).

We’ve RD’d FEA from IG 3-4 times, and we’re always in the first 10-15 people there.

Like I said above, I’ll be interested to see if things change when the skyliner opens.

1 Like

We were NOT at the front of the pack by any means the day that we went from there. Looking at time stamps- at 8:54 we stopped for a picture outside of the ig entrance. We were in FEA by 9:11. By 9:30 we had ridden twice. Got in line for Anna and Elsa and met Anna at 9:42am. At that point we went back to future world and used fpp at Test Track and Mission Space.

2 Likes

Ok, I’ve been thinking this wrong. My thought process was it was a longer distance from the IG entrance clockwise around WS to get to Norway. But in looking at the map this morning, it seems to be comparable to the distance from the main entrance to Norway. I guess it comes down to which has more people entering.

It’s pretty equidistant. In the TP video when they attempted to do all 3 Tier 1s I’m the morning one entered from IG and the other from the main gate and they both arrived at FEA within seconds of each other.

1 Like