Character meal actual prices for the ADR?

I see on the Disney site and on sites like AllEars.net the range of prices for the buffets because of differences by season and even day of the week.

I am trying to analyze meal costs in relation to the dining plan so knowing the true amount for the time of our visit could make a difference. is there somewhere I can find that info? When I booked the ADRs I didn’t see a set price.

1 Like

Following along, because I’m interested to know too. I’ve always found the ranges and used that to estimate a cost for the comparison, but I’ve never seen a definitive price list by date range or anything.

It’s not well published. This might help.

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/disney-world-price-updates-for-buffets-characters-meals-shows-and-all-you-care-to-eat-platters/

I’ve found that if you do mostly buffets or character meals and order alcohol it’s Worth it. Most other types of restaurants not so much.

2 Likes

thanks Flutegarden. I will use these prices. I think we will probably break even or pay just a little more for the dining plan butI like the peace of mind of not paying out a small fortunate at every meal (since I will have paid the large fortune up front :slight_smile: ) I also like the idea of having the snack credits.

1 Like

Just a suggestion- don’t hoard snack credits trying to save them for high ticket items. Just use them! Pastries at resort are a good use too. With that being said it made me feel good when I got 2 coles and a churro tans the cost was $15 and I paid with 3 snack credits. Would have been sticker shock otherwise.

1 Like

got it - thanks!

If you get a drink (alcohol) with dinner that is also included in the dining plan. The out of pocket price would be the buffet price plus the drink price.

1 Like

Wow! A new tool to play with! Thanks!

1 Like

Why did you remove it?

I have never done the dining plan as I have a family of picky eaters. However, I’m about to be an “empty nester” and a lot of solo trips are on my future! Using this I figured out I would save about $60. However, I’d have to be conscious to pick the more expensive meal and eat every snack. I’d rather just not bother with it. I just want to eat what I am in the mood for instead of trying to get the best deal.

(My wife only “likes” WDW. She’s usually ready to go home by lunchtime on day 2) So, we’ve decided that I can start going about every other year solo. I’m waiting until fall 2021 to do my first solo. I want to wait to see the 50th party and A LOT of new rides should be in full operation at that point. (Only 910 more days…)

weird??? I didn’t remove it. I promise…

1 Like

Wow - thanks darkmite2 - this tool is really helpful-- and it’s easy to play around with different options. If we do as many character buffets as planned, we will save a lot of money using the regular DDP. And even if we revert to more QS meals, I still save money.

This site is so awesome. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I call and ask a CM what the price is.

2 Likes