Character Dining for boys

The girls are having dinner at Cinderellas Royal table. I could´t get reservations for all of us and the guys will be doing something else in the meantime. Our son is 7, what would you recommend (eating, rides)? I want him to experience something special while the girls meet the princesses. Tried to get dinner at Chef Mickeys, but that´s not so easy.

1 Like

How about a pirate makeover in MK? Those are great fun!

1 Like

For character meals, I think Tusker House and 'Ohana breakfast are fun for boys. My sons love Stitch.

My boys also really enjoyed the two interactive games at MK - the Sorcerers one and the Pirates one. They both preferred doing that to standing in line during high crowd times of the day.

3 Likes

Please think about trying the reservation finder. I was able to snag several Chef Mickey’s and Be Our Guest reservations for the times I wanted. People cancel their reservations for these places all the time. If the 7yr old likes Goofy, Pluto, Mickey, Minnie, and Donald, he’ll be able to get photos with each of them. The food is not the greatest, but you are paying for more than the food with the cost. There is plenty on the buffet, everyone will eat well, and find something good, but not everything is going to be fantastic.

For rides, I’d think The Tomorrowland Speedway, Space Mt, Splash Mt, and Big Thunder is about as good as it gets for a 7yr old boy. My 7 yr old thought 7dwarves was a letdown, and I agree, but we’re a roller coaster family.

Try the res finder.

1 Like

I have 3 boys, who were 10, 7 and 4 on our last trip. We ate at Chef Mickey’s and they loved meeting the characters. They also all enjoyed meeting the Winnie the Pooh characters at Crystal Palace. I agree with the above recommendation of trying to use the reservation finder. My boys absolutely adored Tom Sawyer Island, which was something I had thought would require only a little bit of time. They honestly would have spent about 3 hours there if we let them. They also loved the interactive game by Pirates of the Caribbean. Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain were some of their favorite rides.

1 Like

Thank you so much for all the great suggestions!! Love this community:-)

I have 3 boys. Two turned 8 on our trip and one was 4. You could make just about anything special in MK. My boys like the princesses, so they enjoyed just about everything we did at MK. I agree about doing the reservation finder. It worked for us very well.

Dending on when you are going, check to see if the Chip and Dale show at Fort Wilderness is showing - now that is a blast and appeals to boys and girls alike, but I bet the boys would love it. in the woods, a fun sing along with chip and dale, dancing and singing with the characters. For an extra treat, buy a bag of marshmallows and share them to roast around the campfire - great way to make friends and really enjoy a more relaxing, character, but no park, time. Not sure if it is a regular during the winter months, you’ll have to check the schedule.

1 Like

If you’re just looking for during the time that they are at dinner, Tom Sawyer Island could be a great idea. He could totally lead the way and you don’t really have much to worry about over there. He can’t get back off the island without you. Not easily anyway. My boys really got into Sorcerer’s of the Magic Kingdom on the last trip. That could also be a great time waster during that time.

Our boys were around that age last year when we went, and really enjoyed playing Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game. They would’ve spent as much time doing that as anything. Also we did the exact same thing, my daughter & I went to CRT while the boys just grabbed some counter service, met Peter Pan (whom they really liked a lot!) and rode rides that we girl weren’t as into (Space Mt. & Buzz).

Thank you so much for all the great ideas!!