Review J18

I love eating out for breakfast! I know what you mean about the awkwardness, but we just ask for a photo and let them move on.

1 Like

Does that mean Lilo and Stitch were not there at all?

My DD24 likes recreating photographs she had taken as a child, particularly with the Jungle Book characters. DS20 would eat brussel sprouts rather than have his photograph taken with a character. I just feel a bit silly.

1 Like

Yeah my DS hated having photos with characters but I force him. He was only 11 last trip, he’ll be 14 and harder to force next year!

Oh, I think they were, but I have zero interest in them. I seem to remember being tapped on the shoulder at one point by one of them and I smiled and gently directed him/her away.

3 Likes

Can you demonstrate this gentle direction?

Imagine being punched — very hard, and repeatedly — in the solar plexus. That kind of thing. But then I understand these particular characters enjoy mayhem.

4 Likes

Neck punches are more effective, and generally don’t need to be repeated.

Don’t forget the smile!

Repetition is the key to a good cardio workout.

2 Likes

I am a character fan - most of the time I have great interactions with them, but I know that everyone is not comfortable.
I belong to a character website (KtP) and he has interaction tips for characters, which I have used.
I do tend to enjoy the ‘fur’ more than the ‘face’ characters, but one of my best character meets last visit was with Aladdin & Jasmine. I told them that I had seen a lot of beautiful dolls in the gift shop while I was waiting, but they were all Jasmine, no Aladdin. He went on and on about how unfair that was and that the movie was Aladdin not Jasmine, I think she said that clearly the movie was just mis-named LOL
I have told Donald, that I don’t know why there is so much in the parks about Mickey, because he is clearly better - I believe he then ‘asked’ me to marry him.
Most of them are really good about running with anything you give them.
The last two times I went to WDW I went with just my BF and we did character meals both times & there are always other tables with adults only - by BF was doubtful the first time we did it, but he understands more now LOL

3 Likes

I warned Chip and Dale about staying away from mentally unstable ducks. They took about 10 minutes to sign/act that Donald was no threat to them and he was mentally unstable. Best day of my life!!!

2 Likes