Chapek taking over

I’ve never been. When we go I’ll have waited 45 years (since I was a small child).

1 Like

I think you’ll be fine! Please know even a seasoned traveler will acknowledge they haven’t done everything. Even before all these weird changes when I would hear that family was going for the first time I would remind them to keep in mind they cannot do everything, but everything they DO get to do they will love!

A first time visitor prepared for the worst will come out wondering what all the fuss is about. :heart:

2 Likes

Add no more “free” bread. Not that it was ever “free” since it’s just a part of a nice dinner experience…but no more. :scissors:

With the bread, you could also think of that as a sneaky price increase.

All of these changes, I started wondering if there would be a significant decline in attendance, enough to make Disney have an “ah-ha” moment and change for the better. But, I also realize, it’s Disney, there will always be people who pay for “the elite of the elite” to have the Disney experience, even if it takes longer time to save the money for the experience. Sadly, I think all these expensive changes are here for the long run.

If people fill up on the bread, they are less likely to buy dessert.

True! Either way though, it just seems like such a cheap and cutting corners kind of thing to do. And while I’m one of the suckers who will pay for all the upcharges and extras they are trying to sell me, I’m less likely to repeatedly do it if I feel like they’re nickel and diming me. And something little like that decision to take away bread makes me feel that way. Like I just want to know who’s idea this was at what meeting?!

1 Like

It will be interesting if free bread goes away across the board, or is retained at Signature Dining potentially. The article mentions places like Hollywood Brown Derby being oblivious while others the bread is already gone, replaced by $9 Garlic Knot appetizers…

I worry my family will be in open revolt if denied pretzel sticks at Le Cellier…

Bread is back. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

This was a stupid move on their part. Even with the retraction, there is bad feelings still remaining.

Sorry don’t mean to offend anyone, but am I the only one getting a chuckle out of the topic being about the CEO of a $200 billion company and the discussion circling around free bread? :joy:

2 Likes

Massive ticket price increases over the last few years. Resort parking fees on top of overpriced, under-delivered hotel rooms. The monetization of everything short of restrooms and water fountains. Barely a whimper.

Take the bread off the table and people are ready to go to war. I can’t imagine how much feedback it must have taken to get Disney to walk this back.

I keep picturing Mr. Burns grinning evilly and saying, “Let the fools have their tartar sauce.”

3 Likes

I’m not offended and I’m the one who’s posting the bread updates! I’m a newbie and so much of the other price changes I hear about annoys me as well, but with no basis for comparison, in my world it just is what it is. Disney is expensive and that’s that. I’m able and willing to pay for it and I’m lucky in that sense. I guess the bread (for me) is just a stupid and relatable exclusion, since eating at restaurants isn’t just a DW/ theme park experience. It just feels so stupidly greedy. Like I said before…what exec at what meeting was like “ooohh, we can save money by taking away the bread!” It reflects a bigger greed. DW costs/prices are up. (I’ll pay it!) Park hours are down (I’ll buy more…EMM!). It’s not the bread alone…it’s just what it represents. Like cmon man…leave SOMETHING alone. Let us have the damn bread! :joy:

2 Likes

Just to be clear and jokes aside, I totally get the point you guys are making and agree about price hikes etc

2 Likes

That’s how I felt about the resort parking fees. I’d happily sign a biscuit waiver if they’d get rid of those ridiculous, non-value added parking fees.

3 Likes

I get your point as well. It’s just that all of this stuff has Chapek’s fingerprints all over it. The fish rots from the head.

1 Like