Chapek confirms masks will be required in US parks upon reopening

Then you probably didn’t tickle your brain quite enough :laughing:

2 Likes

TWSS :smirk:

3 Likes

I’ve seen blogger reports at UOR saying that masks are staying on just fine, and Disney rides are even more tame. But I agree with @ryan1 that carrying an extra is prudent just in case.

2 Likes

You can imagine how runny mine was! I didn’t have to hold it in place for 15 seconds either.

I knew as I was typing…

1 Like

The nurse yesterday definitely did not get that memo.
But, at least I know we don’t have false negatives due to operator error around here.

1 Like

When I swab patients at work, that swab goes in a very long way. I’m not sure I trust tests that only go in 1 inch, maybe they are using something other than the gold standard nasopharyngeal swabs? No way someone doing their own swab would go in this far:

Hope your test comes back negative. Were you exposed? We are heading through your beautiful state today, going to Central Idaho, but we go to Missoula and then south. We are taking bets on how much of I-90 in Montana will be down to 1 lane with non-existent construction. :rofl:

4 Likes

That’s what mine was supposed to be like and I had to do my own. I hit a point where I couldn’t get it any further though.

1 Like

I mean, the few that follow are also hilarious if read that way.

Just sayin

(No matter how old I’ll be tomorrow, I’ve always got the mind of a 12yo)

2 Likes

I’m sure, in such a case, that I would have sneezed my brains out as well!

Ugh. It makes me cringe just thinking about it. Where’s that Soarin’ theme when you need it…

That seems awful to make someone do it themselves!

3 Likes

Agreed

3 Likes

I was really shocked! And even when I couldn’t do it, that was that - no offer of help. Luckily I hadn’t been exposed and was only being tested because I was being admitted. Then they decided to send me home anyway.

2 Likes

Ack!

:scream:

I think I’ve lost my appetite for the rest of the month. :confounded:

It’ll be awhile before that picture fades

2 Likes

Sorry!

1 Like

Oh, no. Make no mistake. I’m not a surprise! kind of person. Let me know ahead of time. Please. So thank you for that graphic. :wink:

But that gets me to thinking - what a great PSA for bars:

It’s happy hour! Your choice: social distancing or [insert graphic of swab].

Pardon me while I shiver and shudder again . . .

4 Likes

Yup, that’s it. Another couple of millimeters and they could start an Egyptian mummification process on me :rofl:

No, I wasn’t exposed. No typical symptoms, either. Apparently having any symptoms above the waist will get you a test around here. (Also there is the doctor/wife of a doctor factor- leave no stone nor any body part unturned).

I hope there’s not a lot of construction- driving on I-90 is usually such a joy. I seldom drive west of Missoula, but the Missoula-Billings route is just so pretty, and the lack of traffic makes it a driver’s dream, and kind of fun over the passes. I let DH drive my car over the Beartooth Highway last weekend and DS22 complained he had to lock the screen on his phone because it kept flipping :smile:

2 Likes

Wow. That is a long swab, and looks very uncomfortable.

I was tested about a month ago and they went in through the mouth. They asked me to open up and say ahhhhhh. They went to the back of my throat and scraped my tonsils.

It wasn’t pleasant, but I can imagine it was a lot less painful/uncomfortable than what is shown :money_mouth_face: in that picture!

1 Like

You just need to put some muscle behind it, like my nurse did. :joy:

1 Like

I didn’t have much muscle to put behind it at that point! I’m sure the nurse could have mustered some.

1 Like