Changes since 2020

Hello there!
I am hoping those in the forum can help me plan a Disneyland trip. I haven’t joined DL chat yet…please let me know if you think it is worth joining.
I haven’t been to Disneyland since February 2020 - talk about a well timed trip!
What is new since February 2020? What changes should I expect? My DL trip is planned for first week of June 2023.

I went to WDW over the summer so I am familiar with the east coast version of G+.
Thanks bunches!!

1 Like

Avengers Campus obvi and ROTR I believe? When you go I think Toontown or parts of it like MMRR will be ready. G+ but it’s very much like MaxPass; there’s just no longer the free fastpass option. ILLs are new but you’ve done that at WDW but it’s different at DLR in that you don’t book at 7am no matter what but once you’re in the park and you cannot pick your return time. You can also buy G+ ahead of time at DLR for length of tickets and you cannot do that at WDW anymore. Tale of the Lion King is new in Fantasyland theater as well getting back to new attractions.

2 Likes

You covered all the things I was going to and then some! I have a hard time remembering the Before Times.

1 Like

Thanks so much! We were really lucky to be there the first month RotR opened and we got to ride it 3 times!

1 Like

I had to think too. I compared my Oct 2019 trip (which is why I had ROTR? Because it wasn’t there then but it sounds like it was by Feb ‘20). I know it opened later in DLR than WDW because they messed up and had to start again or something and I did ROTR at WDW in Jan 2020 so I made a guess about that one. Lol.

2 Likes

I actually recommend G+ even more at DLR than at WDW since it includes photos which is another difference than WDW but that is the same as MaxPass so that’s not really new to DLR. I don’t know when Paradise Pier Hotel officially converts to Pixar but it has a new entrance next to Goofys Sky School into DCA just for that hotel. So that’s new too. And some of the restaurants in DD are gonna change like UVA Bar too if we’re gonna start talking outside the park changes as well.

3 Likes

If you purchased the new Magic band +

on your WDW trip- those are now functioning at DLR

1 Like

oh yeah and there is a game you can play with them that TP reviewed I believe and said meh:

REVIEW: What It’s Like Using MagicBand+ at Disneyland | TouringPlans.com Blog

2 Likes

Thanks I had missed that article

1 Like