Changes coming to the Boardwalk

Yeah that’s another thing. BR already has the highest dues of the older resorts (except OKW) too. Ugh.

1 Like

So what are they doing with that money? I would be inclined to ask by now if it is passed its due and others are bumping ahead

My guess is it’s in reserves if it’s like my condo association. I might have to do some letter drafting this weekend. I think the Poly refresh was early too. Most certainly this GF conversion and now BW… yeah not happy.

1 Like

This is why I keep thinking I need to buy BRV direct (because I covet some direct points) BEFORE the refurb, whenever that may be. I just can’t with the short contract.

The DVC fan Facebook group universally agrees with the sad state of affairs of BRV. Nothing really seems to compares to it. When I stayed last summer I just laughed when I walked in.

1 Like

I’m wondering how many of these changes are being financed by DVC vs the hotel side. In re-reading the announcement, it sounds mostly hotel related. Im sure DVC is sharing in the cost to some degree because it’s common space, but they’re not covering it 100%.

They are not but this project is projected to go through 2023 and BWV is slated for a 2023 refurbishment.

I have read that the percentage of change to common areas is based on capacity of each side? For example, GFV will now have a greater percentage due to the increase in capacity.

1 Like

Not sure about BCV but I heard somewhere that BC was going to be refurbed this year after the work at YC was done.

1 Like

It seems like they are sweeping through whole resorts so that makes sense. The BCV shows as confirmed by Disney?

That’s not a bad idea.

The good news is that when the refurb happens it is going to be SO nice.

Looking at that refurb chart I am wondering how dingy Hilton Head is going to be in April?

1 Like

Are you staying at Hilton Head in April? I am - but off property. When we decided to go, nothing was available at the resort. Plus it was way more expensive than the place we chose. Still thinking about dropping by the resort for Mickey waffles though!!

Yes! We will be there the week before Easter. I stalked that reservation at 7 months. It involved pre barrowing points so I would be ready to go when reservations opened, booking 2 days, wait listing one day and booking another two. Luckily it worked out and they are all now joined together. We are very excited.

You should definitely come visit and get those beneigts and mickey waffles!

We arrive the Friday before Easter and are staying for five days. Great job on getting those all joined together, sounds hard but so glad it worked for you! Beignets and waffles sound great right about now!!

1 Like