Changed my resort reservation from BLT to BWI!

If I could turn cartwheels, I would be turning cartwheels right now! :dancer:t2: :woman_cartwheeling:t2:

Last November, I originally booked the Contemporary Sept 15-22 – first trip in 15 years, just me and DH, and the Contemporary was a major wish of mine since I was 9 years old and a kid at camp told a bunch of us that a train went through her hotel at Disney World. I never stayed on the monorail loop back when we were taking our kids, and this was gonna be our year!

Then… someone decided to refurbish the rooms at the Contemporary. [sad trombone] I was offered either the GF or BLT, and I took BLT because I was under pressure and couldn’t consult with DH. He was thrilled, btw. “A washer and a dryer in the villa!!! No hanging out in a coin-operated laundry room!” Ooo, he’s a picky guy, he really is.

[Not really. I’m being flippant.]

So since January, I’ve been trying to become enthusiastic about BLT. But it just didn’t sing to me. No monorail running through it, no restaurants, no room service, no big themed pool, no theme. It was big and it overlooked the MK, but it didn’t speak to me.

I started wishing Port Orleans -French Quarter would re-open. We stayed there in '98 and loved it. Gorgeous and small and a pocket-sized bit of fun with an interesting menu in the food court. And the spitting frog fountain! Oh, how I loved that spitting frog fountain. When I would go to WDW with my girlfriends (2000, 2002, 2004, and 2006), I used to drop by POFQ just to visit the fountain, take a picture, and stop by the food court for a beignet. Sniffle. Loved that fountain!

So yesterday I checked for available rooms during our stay, and there was nothing but Art of Animation. Hmmm. Not really my cup of tea.

But I checked again today, and this time – lo! And behold! My beloved Boardwalk showed up with a water view and a discount!!!

I ran to tell DH about it, and then we started discussing the benefits vs. disadvantages (in our opinion, which may vary from yours).

BLT: Washer & dryer, walking distance to MK, … ummmmmm…

BWI: Gorgeous, close to Epcot, cheaper, lots of restaurants, fun pool, 2 quiet pools, close to HS…

I went back to the computer and realized that the quote I had gotten included theme park admission. Hey! I don’t need park admission; I already bought park hoppers!!! I refreshed the page, and OMG, the savings were phenomenal!!!

DH said, “Book it!!!”

So I did! And now I’m so happy to be staying at the BWI for the first time in 21 years!!! :tada: I absolutely loved that resort during the summer of 2000; I’m hoping it’s at least half as fabulous as it was back then. I dearly love being able to enter Epcot from the International Gateway, and I love that we’ll be so close to France and the UK. I’m so happy! I’m so happy. And I’m saving moolah! (Which I’ll probably spend, but that’s another thread.)

I had to call Disney to get the deposit from our BLT ressie switched over to the BWI ressie, but that was 23 minutes on hold with happy Disney music while I started trying to figure out which room to request. Good problems to have!!!

Oh, my gah, I love it when a plan starts to come together. Eeeee! I’m going to WDW!!! Annnd… just needed to share with people who understand. :smiley:

18 Likes

Phenomenal. I’m happy for you

1 Like

That’s some Disney magic, right there! I just loved the IG when we stayed at BC, plus walking to HS!

And park hoppers! So popping into Epcot whenever you want! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

That’s so great!!!

2 Likes

Yay! It sounds perfect!

2 Likes

That will be wonderful! Love boardwalk…

3 Likes

Your story about CR and POFQ sound so similar to us!!! We ended up going with GF (after sad trombone) but it’s the second week of a split stay with YC being the first week.

1 Like

I love the Yacht Club, and I hope you have a lovely time at the GF. It really was so discombobulating to have to switch gears from CR to BLT. And I would have had just as hard a time with the GF. I have a very dear friend who loves the GF and stays there every time she and her husband go to WDW, but … somehow I don’t love the GF. It’s very pretty. The restaurants are outstanding. But it’s so big! I am a small-town girl at heart, I guess.

1 Like