Change in Genie+ Before Park Hopping

2 Likes

As I read the article, you will not be able to book a LL in the park that you are hopping to if there are still LL times available before 2:00.

2 Likes

Seriously, Disney? :rage:

2 Likes

An elegant way to block the stacking strategy, well done! :rage:

There’s a lengthy discussion regarding this new change on The Genie Thread starting at post 2770.

Ultimately for the hopping park, you will not be able to book a ride until that ride’s LL return times have progressed to 2 PM or later. There’s no longer an automatic time bump.

2 Likes

Why were you stacking return times that were before 2pm in the second park before? You couldn’t use them.

1 Like

Before it automatically gave you times after 2pm if it was your second park so you were stacking LLs that you could use. If you weren’t hopping at 2, sometimes you still had to wait a bit longer for it to give you a time you could use.

1 Like

Ahhh… so it’s just giving times you can’t use now. I see.

2 Likes

Now it doesn’t give you any times at all until they have got to 2pm in that park. It means hoppers can’t nab the afternoon/evening times before people in the park in the morning have a chance.

1 Like

To clarify (since your wording has a meaning I don’t think you intended)…

You CAN book times at your second park at times in the afternoon and evening, but with the same opportunity as those within the park can.

I personally see the change as a net positive. But I also fear it will cause standby waits to increase more.

5 Likes

@missoverexcited explained it well. I love getting hoppers, but I’m starting to question if it’s worth the extra cost.

Seems like the goal is to prevent guests from planning their day in advance. Sad.

1 Like

Oh man, this is a huge bummer. We did great stacking up in Jan22. I was planning a trip for May23 and was going to spring for park hoppers just to stack. Now I’m not sure I will do that.

I was feeling confident after successfully using G+ already once. Now not as much.

1 Like