Change in dress code policy

I spluttered when I read this. I regularly drink champagne at breakfast… birthdays, Christmas, New Year, graduation, exam passes, any excuse really, whether at home or in a restaurant. I think that your mistake was ordering bucks fizz (hopefully you didn’t call it a mimosa!) and not straight up fizz.:wink: And what about bloody marys? No one will refuse to serve that at breakfast/brunch… although I have seen it refused in a US restaurant as an evening aperitif.

1 Like

Are you offering? If I leave now, I could be with you in……. . :wink:

I think that everyone finds their own comfortable median between ‘manners maketh man’ and the narcissistic ‘I’m alright Jack’. Where ever your personal pendulum stops, I suppose.
I would never wish to make others feel uncomfortable, but if I have invested a large amount of time and effort in preparing a supper or dinner and purchased delicious ingredients, (polished the glasses and silverware) I would feel a little disappointed if my guests were late or dressed as though they were about to work on my veggie plot for the evening.
And on some occasions I would be sufficiently appalled to say something……. for example, if a driver cut into a funeral cortege. We each live by our own standards.

Lateness is unforgivably rude.

4 Likes

Indeed.

2 Likes

Same, but I don’t have enough dresses for our next trip, must buy more!:joy: I wore dresses everyday of our last long weekend in the World and loved it. I couldn’t believe how much more comfortable I was. Only thing I missed was having pockets. But I would use DH’s in a pinch.

Oh…the ultimate revenge for all those times he has asked you to put something of his in your handbag. I like it. :wink:

1 Like

Swoon…

Smelling salts! When did people stop carrying those?

We stopped being allowed to have them at work about 6-7 years ago. Too bad too because they really woke a fainter up?

What was in them? My Mother always had them in her handbag.

Ours were ammonia based