Change from Disney resort to off property hotel

We are annual passholders and are currently booked at the Polynesian for a long weekend from 3/1 to 3/4. We are within our 60 day window and have already selected FP’s. We are considering changing to an off property hotel. We want to keep our FP’s. If I wait until we are within our 30 day window to cancel the Disney reservation, will my FP’s remain unchanged?

1 Like

It has worked like that but every time there is an upgrade to MDE things change so I do not know if you can count on it working.

1 Like

I’ve changed resorts from to Disney to off-property (not sure if it was within 60 days, but it was definitely short notice) and I still had my fast passes. I wasn’t trying to game the system, just save some money. So I was surprised that they were still there. Not sure the system is “smart” enough to cancel them. Hopefully yours will stay too. Good luck!

1 Like

It was reported recently that MDE accounts have been locked immediately after one use of FP without scanning into the park. That change happened after a recent update. It may still work that cancelling will allow the FPS to stay- or the warning messages that some people have received that FPS will be cancelled may one day be true.

1 Like

Sorry, I’m not sure I understand what you are saying about using a FP without scanning into a park? I would be keeping the same dates and attending the same parks, we are just thinking of saving some money by staying off property on this short trip. I was just wondering if I would have to “re-select” my FP’s since I will be canceling my resort reservation. We still have annual passes though.

1 Like

Sorry, that was just an example of how updates to my Disney experiences can impact the system.

As of right now your fast passes should stay. You may get a warning that they will be cancelled. Keep an eye on them. If they are still there 36 hours later you should be good.

1 Like