Cellphone service

Is it just me or is cellphone service in the Orlando/Magic Kingdom area really bad?

I have Tmobile
Even though most of the time I have full bars trying to send emails sometimes doesn’t work or Disney app won’t load

It does seem like the Disney wifi is really spotty too, it comes and goes

The main problem is battery life on my phone
The battery here drains so fast its crazy

Short drive yesterday from near Sea World to Kona Cafe and the battery dropped from 100% to 75%
In the park I have to plug the phone into a portable battery to try to top off the battery to get it back to wear it should be

If I was home I wouldn’t have to even think to plug in the phone until at least 6PM

In the Orlando area 2 hours after the phone was at full I am thinking about plugging in

It’s pretty dependent on carrier. Disney officially partners with AT&T so they get good service. We have Verizon and have never had an issue in the parks or resorts. We don’t even try to use the wifi we just up our data plan for that month and do whatever we want lol. When I lived in Orlando I had sprint and didn’t have any issues. I did have issues when I was on U.S. Cellular and I hear issues about T-Mobile just about everywhere.

I think there is something about turning off wifi unless you are using it as your phone may be constantly trying to connect thereby draining the battery

I’ve had no problems with either AT&T or Verizon in the parks. T-Mobile, which I had prior to AT&T (7 or 8 years ago) was horrid, not only in Orlando, but just about everywhere. The resorts are the only places where I’ve had some spotty service (with AT&T - I haven’t been back to a resort since I switched to Verizon). I think it’s distance from the wifi signal and bandwidth issues; Service was MUCH worse between 6:00 and 8:00 AM and 7:00 and 10:00 PM when EVERYONE was back in their rooms than it was late at night or mid morning.

I’ve found that Sprint has good enough service everywhere at WDW, though I echo the comment about turning wi-fi off when you’re not using it to save battery. I’ve found that cell data is more reliable if I need to download something on the go, though.

1 Like

Bumping this up.

Given that it has been almost 2 years since this thread was active, any current reports on cellphone service, especially Tmobile, in the parks?

Thanks.

PS - although I am most interested in Tmobile, I am sure any updates vis-a-vis Verizon, AT&T, Sprint or others would be welcomed!

1 Like