Celebration of life

I love this! Thank you.

1 Like

These are some great ideas. Thank you :blush:

The only problem with the gift card idea is people are going to think you’re trying to scam them.

That said, never had any problem buying the next person in line a meal or snack. :wink:

5 Likes

There are so many great, loving ideas here. I just want to say I am sorry for your loss.

1 Like

This probably doesn’t fit your situation at all.

My aunt and uncle didn’t really care for the parks but they loved Fort Wilderness. Perhaps especially since their last name was Crockett.

Most trips we try to fit in a stop at Crockett’s Tavern to sit a spell in the rockers, preferably with a beverage. Have a quiet moment of remembrance. And probably tell a funny story, especially about my uncle.

Perhaps your mom had a favorite movie or character. Perhaps you can always try to do that ride or eat at that restaurant. Thinking of Liberty Tree Tavern, or Crystal Palace. Or maybe your mom’s ancestors came from Norway.

Or maybe your mom liked trying new things. Try something new every trip.

I like your idea of a celebration. I know I’d want my family to go anyway and celebrate! Eat a Mickey Bar and then ride Tea Cups!

or not . . .

3 Likes

I hope you have an amazing time. I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my parents several years ago. My mom loved all things Disney. I go with my family and think of them. They would want us to go have fun.

1 Like

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss and know that you will carry the memory of her with you as you travel to Disney. If you have a picture of her, preferably from the side, you could ask the cast members who do the profile cutouts in Magic Kingdom to make one of her. I don’t know if they could do one from a picture, but there is no harm in asking. Also, I have always found Happily Ever After to be a very emotional show. The music gets me every time. Perhaps watching it with your family will bring you a sense of peace. I would love to hear back from you about how you honored your mom during your trip.

2 Likes

Thank you.

I’m so sorry for your loss. I like the idea of finding a quieter place together, and to allocate some time to talk about her or share what you would have told her about the day. Or maybe read a poem she’d like? My parents and kids and a cousin and I scattered my grandparents’ ashes last summer and I found a couple of poems they would have liked (one poignant, one funny, because they would have appreciated that and it fit for our family) and that was it other than the ashes part and just hanging out together. But it was another loving memory of them. I’m wishing you peace and healing and a wonderful trip.

1 Like

I haven’t read all the comments yet so this may have been mentioned…

My mom and I are going in October. My dad was a HUGE Disney fan, but sadly hadn’t been since 1991. He died 5 years ago this past July, so this is kind of a tribute trip as well. He was always planning trips though!

I mention that because we plan on getting Celebration buttons and write in “Life” … mainly because we are recreating some old photos from when I was kid and it some instances want some photos with the button in a Castle or Epcot shot or something fun to add to the collage of pictures.

So sorry for your loss, but this trip will be magical and a great tribute to the life that she had I am sure. Enjoying the moments at sharing them with your family will be the best memory you can make.

If you are using the Room Request from TP, you may add to the request you would like Celebration buttons to wear in the park the day you arrive that way you may not have to hunt them down and it gives an opportunity to start celebrating life in the parks early!

5 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking. I would allow you to memorialize the Celebration and be special for the kids and you.

1 Like

So sorry for your loss.

1 Like

I’m truly sorry for your loss… we have always picked up something on each vacations since my Mom passed (in 2016) and placed it on her headstone. the kids always help… she has this amazing glass blown wave from destin, some crystal birds from the zoo in dallas, and an angel from panama city beach. All things she would have chosen if she could have!!! i’m not sure what your Mom’s burial situation will be, but maybe bring something back for Her from you all… my kids find comfort in bringing Meemaw something home… they are only 11 & 6 now but have not forgotten her!

1 Like