Celebrate the Return of the “Main Street Electrical Parade” with Themed

It’s been a beautiful day :heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

I assume you’re sticking around for the parade?!?! Looks beautiful there today!

2 Likes

I did and it was amazing!! I bawled :heart:. So beautiful. We did the Plaza Inn dining. I had the regular meal, my daughter who is gluten free had the salmon. I think the gluten free hot dog she had at Refreshment corner earlier in the day made her sick as she missed the rest of the night. We gave our preferred seating to a couple who were beyond thrilled and I staked out a spot at 5:20 for the 8:30 parade. Yes, I know that sounds crazy but people were setting up camp at 4 :rofl: I had a small blanket and sat across from the Penny Arcade next to a trash can so I wouldnt be encroached upon. I think somewhere needs to be a discussion and etiquette on parade assembly. People tried so many times to squeeze in to a spot that only held 1. I’m claustrophobic and can’t handle a strange up on me where I cant even lift my arm. I couldnt count how many kids and adults trampled my blanket to cross from the street to the sidewalk. I finally told people nicely to go around the way they were supposed to. One lady got all huffy because me and the family next to me wouldn’t move so she could stomp through with her stroller and family in tow :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: Makes me wonder were people learn their manners or get the nerve to be so pushy.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I was Sooooooo bummed to have missed this mural in DTD. And we have a mark on our passes because we missed our reservation for Wednesday. Around 5am I got a major migraine and was down all morning until we left. I really though Id have to wait another night to leave I was so bad. But I pulked it together and made it home. I am now planning on a day trip just to go down and get a picture at the mural. :rofl::rofl::rofl::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Glad you guys were able to go but sorry to hear Jess got sick and you got a migraine. Ugh! I am there in 2 weeks to see the new shows, not looking forward to the crowds that all want to do the same though.

2 Likes

Is this a combination of pulling it together and puking? :rofl: Because with the way migraines affect me I would totally understand! :joy:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: my dang big thumbs!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

And I lost my debit card right before the parade!! :roll_eyes::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Way way too many people. I think we got spolied during reduced capacity. I will be bringing my big backpack next trip. :rofl::rofl: Anyone within distance of me turning around will get bumped. Like I accidentally kept doing to you that one trip​:rofl::rofl::rofl::heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

I hope you found your debit card! We are doing the WOC dessert party to have a place to sit, but will have to fight the crowds for MSEP and DL Forever.

1 Like

Doesn’t sound crazy to me! I was there Sunday and can confirm people were staking out spots by 4:00 for an 8:30 parade! DD19 and I managed to squeeze into a viewing area but didn’t have a great view. Luckily our fireworks view was awesome, as that was DD19’s priority.

1 Like

No. Had to report it lost :roll_eyes: Thank Walt I felt then need to take $500 in cash out that morning :blush::heart: Main Street for MSEP is crazy. Both parades view are were full. Plaza Inn viewing area holds about 100 people. Back by IASW there were fancy chairs for what I assume was Club33 or VIP viewing even though they still had the benches reserved right by the Partners statue

2 Likes

I left my credit card at a restaurant Saturday night. I did not want to go back the next day as it would mess with my Disneyland plans. So I just reported it lost. I had a new number active in my apple wallet that I was able to use at Disneyland within hours! It was crazy fast. Now I have to change all of my auto-pays, but it was worth it to not miss an hour or two in the parks.

1 Like

People were passing by saying Oh these people are crazy to sit and wait this long. :roll_eyes::rofl: Nope. I had fun watching the sun go down and lights coming on.

2 Likes

173575897_MEDIUM

Later in the evening back by IASW there is a special Magic Key Photo Op :heart:

4 Likes