CDC says vaccinated people don’t need masks

While this is awesome news, we still have a DS10 who will be unvaccinated until the age drops again. I dread the thought of no masks at WDW and it putting him at more risk. I would hope that they would keep the masks in place until their biggest group of attendees (under 12) can be vaccinated.

8 Likes

Disney keeps saying that we will have some kind of mask usage for all of 2021. We’ll see how they move fwd.

4 Likes

Latest CDC Chart

7 Likes

Look at all that green for folks like me :smiley:

15 Likes

:musical_score: I see fields of greeeen…

9 Likes

4 Likes

I had a dr. Tell me that the more severe the symptoms the better the immune system.

3 Likes

I don’t want to hear that… can that not be true for all those w/o reactions :laughing:

3 Likes

I hate that the idea of not having to wear the mask makes me feel “odd” / nervous. I have been so “pro-mask” for so long that I don’t want people to think I’m some kid of anti-vax / anti-mask jerk

I bought this as a little gift to myself to celebrate after shot #2. I’ve only worn it like twice, around the house, but I guess I’ll start wearing it in public now. (forgive the hair… my wife has been cutting it with trimmers for the last year!)

29 Likes

I LOVE that shirt, where did you get it? Also, your wife is doing a good job on your hair. My DH is going to have to start shaving now; that went to the wayside w/ masking.

2 Likes

I think it will depend on how many people 12 and over get vaccinated. If they reach 70%ish without under 12, will that be enough to protect them too? Especially since they do not transmit it as well as teens and adults. Not that they shouldn’t get a vaccine eventually.

5 Likes

It was put out by WDW Radio on their teepublic store. I tried to find a direct link, but they seem to have pulled it.

I do remember them getting a lot of hate from people about “profiting” from COVID. (It may have been a copyright issue too??)

I went through my twitter feed to find the original link. The tweet had been deleted.

They had a whole collection of styles - haunted mansion, pirates & etc… I got my DD19 a “marvel logo” vaccinated shirt

1 Like

Thanks for looking! I know in all their announcements Disney is encouraging ppl to get vaccinated so I’m disappointed they removed those shirts.

Now I wish I could be considered fully vaccinated by a previous documented infection plus first Moderna dose instead of waiting another 25 days. Limited data available so far indicates basically max antibodies after first dose in this scenario and that nothing was really added by 2nd dose. I will of course still get the 2nd dose either way.

5 Likes

Yeah, DW went through the same thing. The doc told her that with infection + one dose, she is more protected than if she would have not been infected and had the 2 doses.

Now, she apparently has super immunity.

5 Likes

It’s not like anyone will really be checking.

If that’s true, consider me Miles Davis.

(ok, that doesn’t make sense, but if you know, you know.)

5 Likes

“Anyone who is fully vaccinated can participate in indoor and outdoor activities -– large or small — without wearing a mask or physically distancing,” Walensky said. “If you are fully vaccinated, you can start doing the things that you had stopped doing because of the pandemic.”

Reading that one paragraph actually made me cry. For one brief moment it made me believe this nightmare could be over.

18 Likes

I don’t believe it, though. I think people are guessing. But in my household I probably get sick less than anyone, and yet I had basically no reaction to the vaccine. So I don’t think strength of immune system matter.s

2 Likes

It made me feel jubilant

8 Likes