CBR room finder issue

We’ve never stayed at CBR before, so I’m trying to find a good standard view room using room finder. I’ve noticed that because the lobby and the main building with dining / the feature pool aren’t in the same place, there’s no way to select for a room close to dining and feature pool. I don’t care about being close to the “lobby” - in fact the lobby is kinda far from the main building and pool. Does anyone have a good room or building recommendation for standard room that’s still not too far from main building?

We’ve stayed at CBR twice before and are going again in November. The dining and main pool are in the same building, called Old Port Royale. The lobby and check in area are located farther away. If you want something closer to the dining/pool area, you probably want Martinique or Tinidad North. Those are the two areas that are closest to the dining. However, I think that a lot of the those rooms are considered “preferred”. Do you know if you have a preferred room or not? If not, I would recommend a room in Jamaica or Aruba, since then you can use the walking bridge over to the Old Port Royale. We love CBR, it’s especially great for kids because the pool is awesome! The down side is the walking if your room is far away. I would say definitely stay clear of Tinidad South (we were there last year and the walk to dining/pool was ridiculous!).
Anyway, hope this helps. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks so much for the info! We are excited to check out CBR and I’m glad to hear your kids liked it. Very encouraging.

We just did a stay in Martinique, building 23. From our room, it was just about a quarter-mile to walk down to the pool or breakfast. The Quiet pool is much closer than that. I think building 22 is closer, but it’s a “preferred” location and a few bucks more per night.

You might want to look at Aruba, I think - directly across the lake and a quick walk over Caribbean Key and back.

1 Like