CBR or AOA? Pros/cons

Hi there,
I’m looking for some input, please. I’m trying to help a friend decide between 2 connecting rooms at CBR or a family suite at AOA. Can I hear any pros/cons you have regarding these resorts? Any personal experiences? Traveling party includes: her, her husband, 2 kids (3 & 5), her mom, her aunt.
Thank you!

I can only speak for CBR. Connecting rooms are not guaranteed so if that is top priority definitely go with AoA. CBR is a larger resort, with multiple quiet pools, which worked well for use when we wanted to relax. Also no transfers required on the Skyliner from CBR. With Rivera nearby, there are more options for food as well.

3 Likes

We stay at AOA suites frequently, but I am not sure i would stay there with that mix of people. There is a main bedroom with one queen bed and then the other room has a sofa bed and a pull down bed over the table. With our group, one teen takes the sofabed and one takes the pullout. Not sure how it would work with 4 adults? Maybe grandma and great aunt would take the main room and Mom and Dad would take the sofa bed? Both hotels have skyliner access, which is great and both have good pools, although CBR has a cool slide.

3 Likes

The CBR buildings are only two-story, and do not have elevators, in case that matters. If you need to avoid stairs, you can always request the ground floor. All of the AOA buildings have elevators.

2 Likes

I think I’d do CBR for all real beds. I’ve heard such mixed reviews of the sofa bed and pull down at AoA that I wouldn’t want to make people share them, especially adults. If 2 CBR rooms are too expensive (they will be slightly more expensive than AoA) what about 2 rooms at Pop? 4 good queen beds, much cheaper than CBR, and the likelihood of connecting rooms is much higher.

8 Likes

I think I’d do 2 rooms but do 2 rooms at Pop Century. They will be cheaper than CBR. The pull down beds are exactly the same as the regular beds. I request two room next to each other, or in the same building, rather than connecting. The other two adults may want time away from the kids and just for their privacy.

5 Likes

The AoA suite worked great for our family of five but like mentioned above, it was easier for the three kids to share the pull-out and sofa bed. Don’t think it would be easy for your mix.
Love the idea of Pop instead!

1 Like

Having stayed at all 3 resorts mentioned here, I would vote for 2 rooms at CBR, 2 rooms at Pop, or a Lion King suite plus a Little Mermaid standard room at AOA for that size group. The AOA suite was perfect for our family of 4 (when the kids were kids, and not adults like they are now), the bed situation isn’t great for more than 2 adults. 3 adult friends stayed there in January and were not happy with the quality of the beds outside of the bedroom. Plus a separate room would give the mom and aunt space away from rambunctious, noisy kids (and also allows the friend and her DH the ability to let their kids let loose a little without constantly having to worry about disrupting the other 2 adults). 2 rooms, wherever they are would be perfect.

3 Likes

As one of the 3 friends who shared a suite at AoA, I can confirm that this will be a tight squeeze with four adults and two kids. Two connecting rooms at Pop would be both cheaper and more user friendly.

6 Likes

With four adults I’d choose two rooms at CBR. The murphy and couch beds will not be as comfortable as the real beds in CBR.

2 Likes

I’ve stayed at all three and have had a similar mix at AoA twice with similar age kids. On one trip, the extra two adults were my mom and step dad. On the other trip, the two extra adults were my MIL and SIL. It is a little tight with 6 people/4 adults but totally doable and the kids love being in such close quarters with all their favorite people. We always gave the 2 extra adults the bedroom. What I like about the AoA suites (over the other options mentioned) with kids that age is the kitchenette with the microwave. We bring the Mac and cheese cups, a couple cans of soup and spaghetti-o, oatmeal packets, hot cocoa packets and other such microwaveable junk that the kids like to eat and it always comes in handy

5 Likes