Castle, Coasters, and Covid...oh my!

Ok so I’m woefully behind in reporting. This trip has been anything but relaxing, but we are having a blast!

Friday night we went to the OI meetup at Universal. I must say, City Walk is a bit of a free for all and Universal is way behind Disney in terms of masks and distancing. We still had a great time and had all the Butterbeer we could drink, but I don’t think I would like a week of those parks. We departed at midnight and dreaded the early morning wake up to try for a boarding group. Thank goodness for the afternoon nap.

This was a fun little surprise to see. Belmont (his real first name is Phil) is my friend’s son, DD18 and his sister are close. So excited for him!

3 Likes

Saturday morning, the four of us were up and on our phones ready to try for a boarding group. Using fast.com we learned that only one of our phones had any decent internet speed. Wifi was terrible, so we used data. I had time.gov up on my iPad and counted down for everyone. We had the join buttons all lined up and ready to go. 7am hit and DD21 got an error message, DH realized he had not actually signed in, DD18 was successful at getting BG 8 (yay, Mia!), and I got the ‘Oops, you’re already in a group’ message. 50/50 accuracy, but all it takes is one!

We walked from Swan and arrived a little before 8. There was quite a crowd already. They started temp checks around 8:10 and off we went. We did MMRR, SDD, TSM, and MFSR. They called our BG while we were in line for SR. We were finished with ROTR by 10am.

We are not huge Star Wars fanatics, although I remember enjoying the first 3 in theaters as a kid. We had watched them with our girls last week in preparation for the trip. We loved the land and the rides!

We did a mobile order at DB7. Loved the Felucian Kefta and Hummus! The Batuuan Beef Pot Roast was good, as well.

By now the lines were building and we had accomplished all we set out to do today, so we caught a boat back to Swan. We had another pass for the Universal party that night, so we needed to take a nap. Teenagers are much more willing to nap than toddlers, so that helps😃

Caught a cavalcade on the way out.

Woke up from the nap in time to catch @Laura_hastings and her husband before they left. How fun! My girls made fun of me for ‘meeting up with strangers I met on the internet’, lol! I told them it’s ok if it’s at Disney😉. I loved getting to know her through our planning and this Liner meet up was icing on the cake!

9 Likes