Castaway cay 5k

How do I know if my cruise will have the 5k or not? Do all cruises stopping at the island not offer it? Don’t wanna pack for it and be disappointed. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Most do. You will know when you board. They will have sign ups

1 Like

As far as I know, they all do, as long as they stop at CC on your itinerary.

2 Likes

@Mrs_Beast I was told by my TA that if your Disney ship stops at CC then there will be a 5k … when is your cruise?

@LaurelStewart is it true they always run it or is there some way to know for sure? I emailed TP admin because of a bad link and the reply I got was “find out if yours has it not all do” so that confused me.

@EthicalAddict I really don’t want to pack the outfit or shoes- I wouldn’t bring them otherwise - and have heard conflicting reports.

@Mrs_Beast I completely understand - preparing for a week at WDW and a week on the Fantasy was not a pretty sight!! I caved and paid for another suitcase (airlines) :stuck_out_tongue: One things to remember, deck 4 (ah deck 4 how I love you and miss you!!) is a running deck so you could put your gear to use there. Also, you could call the toll free number for DC’s - I called a month before our cruise to find out the movies they were playing for our dates. I’m sure they would help you out. I’ll see if I can find a number for you…please stand by :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Mrs_Beast I’m assuming you’re on either the Fantasy or the Dream - man!! assuming is bad, when will I ever learn!! What ship are you sailing on?

Dream. :slight_smile: @EthicalAddict

I have never seen a stop at CC that didn’t have the race. Weather is the only reason I can think of that would cause them not to do it.

2 Likes

@Mrs_Beast 888-325-2500 was the number I called to find out the movies that were playing on our cruise - the agent was amazing and answered a ton of my questions so this might be a good place to start for you. Just have your reservation number ready for them when you call :slight_smile: But I’m sure if the weather is gorgeous and you’re docking at CC there will be a 5k run :slight_smile:

1 Like

@LaurelStewart @EthicalAddict thank you!! I will make sure I’m keeping up with my running then! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If they stop and can dock on time at CC they run it. If they have problems getting into CC and get in late they do not. So its an inclement weather (waves really I guess) policy. I’d plan for it to run more so than not.

2 Likes