Casey’s, Citricos, Trails End (and More) Reopenings Announced

4 Likes

Doesn’t Trails End share kitchen facilities with Hoop Dee Do?

I wonder how soon before that re-opens?

1 Like

Didn’t we hear, a few weeks back, about them calling back the cast for that? Or am I just imagining things?

2 Likes

Well… Citricos just entered into the Jaleo or Edison debate for Saturday night of my trip. I’ll be at the Grand for a little bit to see a friend who will be doing some piano sets…

1 Like

I’m sure that you imagine a lot things but not this one.

There were reports about the cast being recalled.

We are going to WDW in less than 4 weeks and I did not think HDD would be a possibility.

I took the family to HDD during our last trip in Sept 2019 and it was a total surprise winner. Both DW and DD16 were expecting something completely different and ending up loving the entire experience.

DD16 now wants any WDW visit to include a repeat visit.

DW was surprised by the show, she thought it was a dinner theater version of Country Bear Jamboree.

2 Likes

I agree that Citricos menu looks fantastic!

4 Likes

FWIW, here is the Disney Parks Blog announcement and at the bottom is something new

Mobile Order Complete Family Meals from dining

We have a new summer offering the entire family will love starting June 30 – Disney Family Night Dinner. This playful, family-style dining bundle includes a take-out shareable meal, sweet treats, and an original card-type game inspired by some of your favorite Disney friends for your family and friends to enjoy.

Disney Family Night Dinner is available from 5-10 p.m. through mobile order and at the two resort locations offering this three-course takeaway meal that serves 3-4.

Centertown Market at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort:

• Roasted Jamaican-style Chicken
  • Fried Yucca
  • Cilantro Rice
  • Seasonal Vegetables
  • Caribbean Pull-apart Rolls with Onion Jam and Guava Butter
  • Decorate-your-own Mickey and Minnie Cookies

Gasparilla Island Grill at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa :

• Garden Salad – Tomato, cucumber, carrots, and a duo of dressings
  • Savory Lasagna – Three cheese lasagna with tomato sauce
  • Two Mickey-shaped Cheese or Pepperoni Pizzas
  • Minnie Cheesecake with strawberry sauce, whipped cream, and fresh berries
3 Likes

It does look delish.
I’m really conflicted about my solo trip dining now… There’s just not enough time to get to all the things I never can do when I’m with the rest of the fam. Too many food restrictions just make most of the really interesting places impossible.

I guess the solution is more solo trips? :unamused::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

More details on the Family Meal with pricing

2 Likes

Did anyone else notice that it looks like Trails’ End replaced the fried chicken with rotisserie?

I saw a FB post about it and everyone was losing their minds in the comment section!

2 Likes

I love this idea.

1 Like

I don’t really mind one way or the other, but my parents really love to go there for fried :poultry_leg:.

I do too. Hope it catches on
To other resorts!

3 Likes

Here here. Especially nice for DVC with a place to dine

2 Likes

Oh no it’s Ohana noodlegate all over again :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

This looks fun! Hope they extend it to other resorts!

Sounds perfectly logical to me!