Carrying On Alcohol

I went back through the topics here to 2014 and I did not see a recent thread on this topic.

DCL states:

Disney Cruise Line Guests 21 years and older may bring a maximum of 2 bottles of unopened wine or champagne (no larger than 750 ml) or 6 beers (no larger than 12 ounces) on board at the beginning of the voyage and at each port of call. These beverages must be packed in carry-on (not checked) bags or luggage.

I am reading this that we can get off the ship and Nassau, go to the Pirate Brewery, and bring beer back on the ship with us to our stateroom?

I knew we can stop on our way to the port and carry beer and wine on with us, but I did not realize it applies to ports like Nassau too?

1 Like

Sounds like you are reading that correctly. Just remember to bring some sort of carry-on bag with you to bring it back on the ship.

1 Like

Great point! RCL took the beer when people tried to bring in on board so it makes me nervous!

I had heard that, yes, you could bring beer/wine back to the ship but that some cruise lines confiscate it until you return to home port. In the case of wine, they charge an outrageous corking fee if you want to have it at dinner.

If you aren’t allow to consume it on board, I don’t see the point (unless you are within driving distance from the home port).

I am having the hardest time finding prices for a bottle of wine at Remy or Palo. I don’t know if we buy a $25 bottle on our way to the port and then pay the $25 corkage fee, if that will be more or less than a bottle we could buy at the restaurant.

My feeling is to go with what they have on board. I would expect it to compliment your meal well.

1 Like

I would check with DCL directly. Most cruise lines will allow a limited amount of beer or wine when you first board. Sometimes you have to part with the alcohol at check in and then it will be delivered to your room later that first day (I know Princess Cruises has this policy). Most cruise lines will take any alcohol purchased at port and give it back to you at disembarkation. Gone are the true BYOB days!

My post above has the current written Disney policy. It does say it is allowed at ports, I was looking to see if anyone has experience with it.

1 Like

Looking at the list of wines for Remy on disneycruiselineblog.com there are only 2 bottles listed for under $50 - a rosé and a pinot blanc.

As far as I know the DCL policy remains unchanged.

RCL (and other lines) do not allow “restocking” in port (and I am not even sure they allow beer to be carried on to begin with). So that is why it would have been confiscated on RCL - to be returned at the end of the cruise.

1 Like