Carry On

Gotcha.

I have had them checked at the gate because of space and they WERE brought to the jet bridge so I did NOT have to go to the carousel. So checking because of space does not always mean you have to go to the carousel.

Yes, youā€™ve said that twice now, but thatā€™s uncommon. Thatā€™s happened to me as well, but not lately since my bags donā€™t get taken for space anymore :smiley:

The general point Iā€™m trying to make without getting too far down into the weeds is that there are TWO ways of getting your bags back if they are taken at the gate, and a traveler needs to make sure they know which one it is. Iā€™ve had friends leave their bags at the gate because they thought theyā€™d show up at the carousel, and once you leave the secure area itā€™s a nightmare to get them back.

Thatā€™s why I always clarify with the flight attendants and/or gate agent on the landing end.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a very good point. And different puddle-jumpers have different pick-up areas. Some are even on the tarmac, which really stinks in nasty weather. Unfortunately, that does still happen to me from time-to-time, especially at SLC.

1 Like